Discuss sub mains 16ml in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Scott F

evening all >osg states incoming tails to a house to be 25ml with 16 ml earth now i have come across a fair few properties with tails going to 63 amp main fuse sw then down to 16 ml where in the regs does it go over this ive looked under submains and distributors supply but to no avail>i have this situation where from fuse sw 16ml swa runs 100 metres to cu in house

i'd go with the OSG - ensure the main breaker/RCD at the CU is rated at no more than 63A

16mm also covers you for 83 Amps when clipped Direct, so provided you stay less than this I don't think you'd have many problems

does the phrase 'reasonably practicable' come to mind. this is where you being the competent person should make an educated decision to err on the side of safety. safety notices regarding the size of the main breaker would seem appropriate

also make a code 4 in observations perhaps?

any other thoughts...?

Last edited by a moderator:
bs7671 does.nt cover supply authority side only consumer side of installation that is why you cant find anything

any one care to conferm

bs7671 does.nt cover supply authority side only consumer side of installation that is why you cant find anything

any one care to conferm

are you saying that it is the supply authority installing the metal clad switch fuses .then putting in 16ml >i only ask as id always assumed it was an elecrtrical contracting sort of job

Reply to sub mains 16ml in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. I have been asked to take over a job an electrician has started, and has moved abroad. The house is a big mansion, with a 3PH supply...
Replies
Views
Hello, my incoming supply has one main fuse that feeds the next door naghbour it leaves my house to go next door as shown in picture..it's the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A diversity question concerning 2 consumer units fed from 100amp DNO supply Background, So I have an 18th Ed compliant consumer...
Replies
Views
Hello All, new to the forum. Would be grateful for advice on whether the following proposal is an acceptable solution or open to any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Can someone sanity check my thinking please.... An 80 amp PME service head, tails to meter, 25 sq mm tails into an enclosed fused isolator with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock