Discuss sub mains in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bahco

hey guys

im a bit confused about testing submains, never had to do any untill now.

2way board in the garage fed off a 32a mcb in house

the zs for the garage circuit will become the zdb?

do i still measure pfc pss at the submains?

napit assesment soon double checking everything

cheers

Hey Bahco.

On the test cert there should be boxes under the heading of "chracteristics at this distribution board" this is where you insert the Zs and PSC values at the dis board in your garage.

Hope this helps.

hey lenny

still confused tbh

so my plan is to issue a eic cert with 2 test sheets

1 for the circuit supplying the garage
1 for the 2 circuits in the garage

so when i test zs of circuit supplying the garage that will then become my zdb on my 2nd sheet of test rusults

so do i still need to test for pfc in garage or is that just done at origin?

cheers

Hey.

You need to treat the garge DB as a DB in it's own right, so you would measure Zs and PSC at this board and put it on the cert seperately from the origin.

On the test from, the very top line on the test res sheet is set aside for details of the sub-main circuit (if any) supplying it. this is where you detail the cable type, inst method and record all test res I/R, R1+R2, Zs etc.

PSC is then noted at the bottom of the sheet alongside DB designation and location, or at least this is how NIC forms are laid out.

Hope this helps.

Reply to sub mains in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock