Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Suggest a forum category - The 4th Forum Thread Posted Ever, from 2007 in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Admin
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Please feel free to suggest a forum category topic.

Aico 3000 Range
P

phil333

mabie we could have a story section about funny sparky's experiance, i dunno...... make things less formal and more fun?!?!:)

Dan

Admin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last edited:
E

EasyFox

Luke
How about a section where regional DNO contact numbers can be posted.
I had no end of trouble when starting out trying to get hold of the correct depts at SSE, for things such as:

Informing of the removal of service cut out seal for cu change.
Installation details (Ze etc)
No suppliers earth present on pme system.

Just an idea.

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
any ideas how I could find them all ?
Luke

Either people when finding them post them on here or you could put a link to yourself stating DNO contact numbers, so people can send them to you then have a list which only you or another administrator can update?;):D;)

Last edited:
B

Bane

I think we should devise a thread for all the newcomers to the site who are looking to become/retrain as electricians.

We could cover the following.

A) Possible routes to follow
B) List of possible quals to take
C) Offer advice on training centres/colleges (from personal experiences)
D) Advise on possible course costs and time scales

Because, let's face it, it can be a right pain in the arse trying to find your bearings!

Dan

Admin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any more forum categories or sections wanted? Maybe a computer / telecommunications, maybe something that's a private 'pub' type forum for regular selected members, maybe something about a topic that's semi-related like central heating or something?

C

Cirrus

Ok I got one. How about we have a for sale / wanted section? We all buy bits and pieces and sell our 'old' kit from time to time so it's an opportunity to pick up a bargain and clear the garage / shed of unwanted tools / accessories. What do you think?

E

EasyFox

Ok I got one. How about we have a for sale / wanted section? We all buy bits and pieces and sell our 'old' kit from time to time so it's an opportunity to pick up a bargain and clear the garage / shed of unwanted tools / accessories. What do you think?

Good idea Cirrus.
Some unused test kit in my garage that would be on it.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Suggest a forum category - The 4th Forum Thread Posted Ever, from 2007 in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom