Discuss suitable inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

smpvne

hi
going to be fitting 3 panasonic 250w panels to a small roof soon and was looking for a suitable inverter, anyone got any suggestion, I was thinking micro inverter? but would prefer one inverter for all 3 if there is one available.
only fitting 3 as the roof is very small and there is already solar thermal on the roof.

I think micro inverters will be your best option. There are not many small inverters available and using either mastervolt 600 or SMA 1200 will be very inefficient.

Tom

Ever solar have just brought out a 1Kw inverter.

It was made specifically for the social housing set up where one array is split up so each flat gets a little benefit. Im not sure on the details but I seem to remember him telling me it will work off just 70V. Dont know any more than that try calling Jake at Gigabiz on
07545 431614.

NO I DONT WORK FOR THEM!

The manufacturers are missing a trick for the UK market. There are hundreds of new build / social housing installs going on for 2-3 panels, with very little choice for inverters. You can normally use the Soladin 600 as PVMan said, but it isn't perfect for 3 panels, esp if south facing.

One Enecsys 480 w and one Enecsys 240 w inverter , as good as it gets for thee Panasonic 250 H panels . Can give you close to 930 kwh /per kw install on south facing roof(with no shading of course)

Reply to suitable inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
I don't "do" solar, but I've been asked to comment on an aspect of a new domestic solar installation by others. There is no overload or fault...
Replies
Views
I am a retired Electrician and started looking at Solar Power, (Black Magic to me), after much reading of "How To", I decided to build myself a...
Replies
Views
Hope this all makes as much sense as i can make of it and my "problem" can get sorted via some guru on here... Just a quick background on myself...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have had 7x 400w solar panels for a number of years now on our roof which is se/nw facing end terrace. 4 on se side 3 on nw side...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock