Discuss Suitable RCBO for old GE consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Grayza

-
Reaction score
Asked to replace a faulty electric shower and found there wasn't a RCD for the shower circuit. Looks like it's GE with a Proteus main switch and one Harok RCBO.
Does anyone know if you can get GE RCBOs for this CU or are there any suitable alternatives, I'm not sure if the Harok RCBO is suitable? 20180714_084254.jpg

You have always had to follow manufacturers instructions, this new Reg is just reinforcing what is essentially against such instructions.

You have always had to follow manufacturers instructions, this new Reg is just reinforcing what is essentially against such instructions.
Doesnt it state, it must comply with the manufacturers standards, if it doesn't you are taking responsibility that it will be fine.

Obviousy thats in laymans terms as not got the book to hand right now

Final sentence of Note 2, 536.4.203:
If an assembly deviates from its original manufacturer's instructions, or includes components not included in the original verification , the person introducing the deviation becomes the original manufacturer with the corresponding obligations.

Final sentence of Note 2, 536.4.203:
If an assembly deviates from its original manufacturer's instructions, or includes components not included in the original verification , the person introducing the deviation becomes the original manufacturer with the corresponding obligations.
that would suggest that such a person would then have to get the CU tested to the relevant standard and also get it CE approved?

How many fuseboard manufacturers on JPEL / 64

That reg smacks of vested interests ....

Wonder how anybody thinks this will be enforced ?
I personally think its a good safety based reminder. How many potentially unsafe situations have you come across from wrongly suited breakers wedged into boards ? I have seen loads. Its also an industry wide semi accepted Bodge.

so i suppose my design has to go into the bin?

early-20th-century-electrical-fuse-box-wooden-with-a-glass-front-in-ENMY9A.jpg

Reply to Suitable RCBO for old GE consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net