Discuss Suitable Wiring System For Light Circuits in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys,

just for my assignment for college could you point me in the right direction.

Select a suitable wiring system for the lighting circuits within the electrical switch room and stores?

now they like 50 twin floresent 1800 x 2x70w lighting on this circuit.

thanks guys! dont know what i would do without you

Galv conduit system since it's a stores environment and may well get knocked? Daz

am i on the right track with the mcb for this circuit.

if the twin flor were 2 x 70w and they 51 of them then to work out what mcb we would need is

2 x 70 x 51 = 7140w + 750w for some outside light = 7890 then divide by 230 to give 34.3a

would we then be better having 1 mcb or maybe splitting

Is this the same question as last time? 50 lights all on 1 breaker means a lot of darkness if ever there is a fault. Daz

For fluorescents on a B type breaker you want to multiply by 1.8 to get a suitable current rating on the MCB, you also need to consider division of circuits to avoid nuisance.
Maximum breaker for lighting circuits should be 16A.
Temperature should not be a problem, if you are cabling in a switch room you need to ensure that the system is protected for the highest voltage present.

For fluorescents on a B type breaker you want to multiply by 1.8 to get a suitable current rating on the MCB

this is a must if using switch start/choke fittings. I believe if using HF fittings this is not required

I would defo suggest splitting otherwise if the lights trip your in complete darkness as suggested above.

After deciding on splitting circuits, determine loads required and size cables according to breaker selected.

Reply to Suitable Wiring System For Light Circuits in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net