• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

superlec cable quality?

Discuss superlec cable quality? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

alban moffitt

Regular EF Member
was looking for some 6mm swa and found that superlec do their own brand of swa. It must be one of the cheapest out there, but just wondering as to the quality of the cable and if anyone has used it before
thanks in advance

SJD

Forum Mentor
I've used Superlec SWA a few times, since it was the cheapest.

No problem with the cable, only that it tends to be shipped with minimal packaging, and doesn't always arrive looking as pristine as I'd like.

Idpost

Regular EF Member
Superlec is my first choice for SWA cable, it's good quality and easy to strip. Deliveries are usually the next day and there's a fairly low threshold for free delivery. Buzz mentioned Cleveland Cable; have a search on Google maps and you will see that Superlec is right next door to Cleveland Cables. Look even closer on street view and you can see that Superlec is in an old Cleveland Cables building. I suspect that they may well be one in the same.

Thank you for your interest in our products. Superlec is part of the Cleveland Cable group, and while we don’t manufacture any cable ourselves, all of our cable is made to the highest standards available. We are fully accredited to ISO 9001 for quality assurance and only purchase from reputable manufacturers of the products we sell, all of which are exclusively BASEC approved where applicable.

Let us know if you would like us to provide you with any further particulars?

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
Thank you for your interest in our products. Superlec is part of the Cleveland Cable group, and while we don’t manufacture any cable ourselves, all of our cable is made to the highest standards available. We are fully accredited to ISO 9001 for quality assurance and only purchase from reputable manufacturers of the products we sell, all of which are exclusively BASEC approved where applicable.

Let us know if you would like us to provide you with any further particulars?
50% discount code would be handy, you can PM me as we don't want all the peasants to take advantage ;o)))))

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
Thanks for the code, off to order 2000 mts 3 core 10mm ;io)))))

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]