Discuss Superstitious?? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not going in the Whitegoods forum until someone else makes a post in there first.

666.jpg

I don't ever put shoes on a table or walk under ladders either. Anyone else superstitious?

@Marvo I've been in and done a clean sweep of the place and it's now safe , there's also a thread waiting for you in there.

Not superstitious but some of the sayings are sensible, walking under ladders someting may drop on you. Shoes on the table can spread disease or germs on an eating surface. so they arnt as silly as they sound as for the magpies codswhalop springs to mind.

I think you're right Mykey a lot of them are based on common sense. I never used to be superstitious but I've known other people who are and they were such strong believers it kinda rubbed off on my.

A guy I used to work with had a superstition,
If he was late turning up for work he'd always leave ten minutes before everyone else did.
His reasoning was " It's unlucky to be late twice in the same day "
He was serious about it too.

I don't walk under ladders

Once I got change from a petrol station and it was £6.66 so I made the cashier give me £6.67 instead haha.

@Dan does the magpie thing sometimes.

We have 2 black cats so depending on what country you are from that can be either doubly lucky or doubly unlucky!

On my grandparents street when their houses were built the builders didn't put a number 13 on the street!

I don't walk under ladders

Once I got change from a petrol station and it was £6.66 so I made the cashier give me £6.67 instead haha.

@Dan does the magpie thing sometimes.

We have 2 black cats so depending on what country you are from that can be either doubly lucky or doubly unlucky!

On my grandparents street when their houses were built the builders didn't put a number 13 on the street!

How did you wangle that one (my bold) they actually gave you an extra penny change? lol

They had a dish with pennies in by the till so if you were a penny over at the pump you could use one!

They had a dish with pennies in by the till so if you were a penny over at the pump you could use one!
Nice ;)
Now what you should have done is taken the £6.65 off them and told them to put the penny in the charity box or dish ;) that way you would have done a good deed for the day also - karma. (just being superstitious lol)

If only I could go back 12 years!

Love the avatar by the way!

But of course! Started rewatching it last night

Reply to Superstitious?? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net