Discuss supplementary anyone? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Grae79

evening all....was on a job today (non-electrical and with a hangover too :() and the plumbers have used a piping system called Unipipe, don't know if anyone's come across it. The pipe itself has a plastic inner then a layer of aluminium and finally a white plastic outer layer. The joints used on the system are metal and are clamped onto the pipe; kinda like a crimp by the looks of it.

anyway, the question is...........wait for it..................would you bother with supplementary bonding on the system or not? It's not one of my jobs btw, is a mate doing the electrics but wasn't around to ask today; by the looks of it he's going to put a rad clamp on in bathroom we were in.

is a bit of a pointless ques what with the advent of the 17th and all that, but nice to hear some thoughts.

have emailed the manufacturers to see if they can tell me if there will be continuity throughout the system; will see what they say about it.

here's one for you....the clients obviously have money to burn...lectrician doing the job told me the woman was looking to buy brass accessories (don't know where from) but he said a double socket alone was ÂŁ35!!! there's something like 50 doubles in the place. :eek:

Reply to supplementary anyone? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock