Discuss Supplementary bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Cirrus

If installing a shower, is it compulsory to run a 4mm earth from lighting point to the shower? Obviously the shower circuit will have a 4mm cpc (10mm t&e). I understand that in an ideal world all extraneous conductive parts need to be bonded such as pipes but let's say that is all done and it is just a case of installing a new shower, is it necessary to take a 4mm to shower from light?

If its all been supplementary bonded ,then just run a 4mm earth from the cpc in the shower unit to the cold supply to the shower unit either internal or where it enters
I am assuming you mean that the light has also been bonded previous

the way i understand it you are supposed to link all the circuits in the bathroom to a cold pipe ,i.e.rad pipe.ammendment 3 ring any bells.:p

As long as all extraneous conductive parts are bonded and all cpcs in circuits in zones 1 2 and 3
If the circuit is outside these zones then no need
I am not aware of any reason why you mention bonding the circuits to the cold pipe The idea I believe is to make a faradays cage, so I see no reason to do that .
Hot cold+ rads pipes are all cross bonded either in the bathroom or local externa anyway

Could one of you tell me if there is a time period before being logged out automatic
I take so long to reply that I am struck out before I can zap the reply button
Will have to just look and observe if I cant speed up I suppose

You could always just install to the 17th, then you wont have a problem.........(probably)

And dont automatically assume a cold pipe is an extraneous path, it only is if it copper all the way back to the incoming

Reply to Supplementary bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock