Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Supplementary bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cirrus

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

If installing a shower, is it compulsory to run a 4mm earth from lighting point to the shower? Obviously the shower circuit will have a 4mm cpc (10mm t&e). I understand that in an ideal world all extraneous conductive parts need to be bonded such as pipes but let's say that is all done and it is just a case of installing a new shower, is it necessary to take a 4mm to shower from light?

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
If its all been supplementary bonded ,then just run a 4mm earth from the cpc in the shower unit to the cold supply to the shower unit either internal or where it enters
I am assuming you mean that the light has also been bonded previous

P

PAUL M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the way i understand it you are supposed to link all the circuits in the bathroom to a cold pipe ,i.e.rad pipe.ammendment 3 ring any bells.:p

C

Cirrus

the way i understand it you are supposed to link all the circuits in the bathroom to a cold pipe ,i.e.rad pipe.ammendment 3 ring any bells.:p
Yes, this is my understanding Paul

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
As long as all extraneous conductive parts are bonded and all cpcs in circuits in zones 1 2 and 3
If the circuit is outside these zones then no need
I am not aware of any reason why you mention bonding the circuits to the cold pipe The idea I believe is to make a faradays cage, so I see no reason to do that .
Hot cold+ rads pipes are all cross bonded either in the bathroom or local externa anyway

Could one of you tell me if there is a time period before being logged out automatic
I take so long to reply that I am struck out before I can zap the reply button
Will have to just look and observe if I cant speed up I suppose

S

Shakey

You could always just install to the 17th, then you wont have a problem.........(probably)

And dont automatically assume a cold pipe is an extraneous path, it only is if it copper all the way back to the incoming

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Supplementary bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom