Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Supplementary Bonding.. ??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

A job ive been to has the main gas and water bonded but no supp bonding.

Am i right i saying that you can take your supp bonding in bathroom from the light or switch ??

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
W

welsh spark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yes you can take supplimentry bonding from the bathroom light cpc or light switch providing it has a cpc to pipe work etc allthough accoring to the 17th edition if everything in a bathroom is on a rcd and all pipe work in the room has good conterniety between them you do not need to supplementry bond if you need to supplementry bond you should use 4mm cable. what job are you doing in the house because if you havent done anything to do with the bathroom you dont need to worry about it

T

TPES

There is no dual RCD board, only a Main switch side and rcd side. so no rcd protection in the bathroom. Customer is worried it wont pass a test/inspection.

S

Spudnik

Supplementary bonding and RCD protection on bathroom lighting is not a failure on a PIR.

However, if there is a spare way on the RCD side of the CU then move the upstairs lighting circuit (or whichever circuit bathroom lighting is on) to that .

This then sorts out both probs.

M

maddfridge

A job ive been to has the main gas and water bonded but no supp bonding.

Am i right i saying that you can take your supp bonding in bathroom from the light or switch ??

hi there

check weather you water pipe coming into the proerty is plastic if it it there is no need to bond the bathroom RCD protct needed etc all other metal services need to be bonded see 701.415 in the regs book

supplementry bonding is for additional protection provide you have ads automatic disconnection of supply

cheerrs

M

michufc

hi there

check weather you water pipe coming into the proerty is plastic if it it there is no need to bond the bathroom RCD protct needed etc all other metal services need to be bonded see 701.415 in the regs book

supplementry bonding is for additional protection provide you have ads automatic disconnection of supply

cheerrs
i thought that was the case as well but when i spoke to the nic eic i was told that there is no need to bond the water supply if all the pipe work is plastic only :mad:

Reply to Supplementary Bonding.. ??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom