Discuss Supplier fuse and new CU in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

alexg

Hi

I'm about to start training as a sparky - can't wait!!:)

Particularly as we need a new CU pretty damn quick - well ahead of my impending qualifications!!

Problem is - we have a well old tns 60 amp CU - and a 60amp supplier fuse (I took a peak as this was the only way to find out!!) I will get a sparky to fit the cu and test the instalation as we have just moved in and need more circuit ways asap as well as being at peak times well close to the 60 amps.

Problem - will the supplier simply replace the fuse if i ask nicely - or shall I buy one - or will it involve major cost? And how long may it take to do it if they have to?

We need an 80 or 100amp 17th friendly board I think.

Plus there is no MET - is this vital - currently the bonding is connected to the incoming sheath.

Really grateful for your help -looking forward to doing the same hopefully when I've done the knowledge and had some real world experience too.

Cheers guys (and gals?)

:D

Nothing wrong with 60amp suppliers cutout.
But give your supplier a call & they will change it but it may cost you a few quid.

if your,e planning to upgrade from 60 to 80 amp wont there be the usual problems supply upgrade?

I've now worked out what I should be asking I think....

Is it on regs to run a 100amp or an 80amp CU off a 60amp supplier fuse/cut out?

Got there in the end...

thanks for your patience guys!

I've now worked out what I should be asking I think....

Is it on regs to run a 100amp or an 80amp CU off a 60amp supplier fuse/cut out?

Got there in the end...

thanks for your patience guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Supplier fuse and new CU in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock