Discuss suppliers main fuse next door in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ian1511

been to look at a job today and the main cutout is in next doors property.anyone come across this before,its a semi detatched property,never at any time been one house.surely once customer has informed dno they should be out to inspect and move into customers house.any thoughts?

Ive never seen that before mate.

It must be illegal, if an emergency happened, and the neighbours were out, how would you isolate the metering tails / tails?

ive never seen that before mate.

It must be illegal, if an emergency happened, and the neighbours were out, how would you isolate the metering tails / tails?

axe?????

Very common especially in back to back houses round my way. I have even seen lots of examples of one house with a 3 phase head, where 2 of the phases disappear into adjacent houses.

If the CU is on fire and you cannot isolate the tails, due to next door being on holiday, then there is a problem.

Almost makes having lights in a bathroom on an RCD look like a joke.

very unusual in my book,agree with you smb hard work incase of emergency.she does have a main switch though so db can be isolated.

If the CU is on fire and you cannot isolate the tails, due to next door being on holiday, then there is a problem.

Almost makes having lights in a bathroom on an RCD look like a joke.

Throw my uninsulated adjustable spanner into it, that will kill the power.:cool:

Very common here in Bury St Edmunds, 3 phases into cellar, then 1 phase goes out either way through the cellars to the adjoining properties.

I always get the customer to contact the DNO, they have allways replaced this with new supplies to each house, often at great trouble, roads up, paths closed and loads of mess!

For you younger viewers, this was common practice, when the majority of installations were powering just some lights and perhaps a TV or a fridge.
When you could make free phone calls by tapping out the number on the cradle and Mars bars cost a tanner.

jus seen ur post cbw,have left ball in customers hands so am waiting to hear outcome.it also never had a main earth,should i go ahead an put rods in or wait for dno's decision or try an get one via next door?

Reply to suppliers main fuse next door in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net