Discuss Surface mount low profile LED ceiling light recommendations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I am lighting up a bathroom, for most it I am using some nice IP rated scolmore warm-white led downlights.

I have an additional need for a surface mount light where there is not a ceiling void, I was thinking of a low-profile LED light but am find it hard to find a nice mid-range device, has anyone used anyting suitable they'd recommend?

There is quite a rage available today, what are you after? Fluorescent type light, 2D, Modular Type or surface spot?

I've fitted a few that came out of Wilts (Senate) that are a compact 2D sort of size/style but a flat LED array inside them, doddle to fit and really good light output, 9W, about £25 a pop. Only trouble is I can't remember what the heck they were called.........

I have a catalogue here in my office with literally hundreds of Pictures of LED lights, if he can let us know what he would like to see I will send him a Number he can google

I've fitted a few that came out of Wilts (Senate) that are a compact 2D sort of size/style but a flat LED array inside them, doddle to fit and really good light output, 9W, about £25 a pop. Only trouble is I can't remember what the heck they were called.........

That's exactly what I was after, Google had failed me as the only sites I could find had useless PDF's and/or no technical information.

If you can remember the name that'd be great

That's exactly what I was after, Google had failed me as the only sites I could find had useless PDF's and/or no technical information.

If you can remember the name that'd be great

I'll have a look through the old invoices later if I get a chance, hopefully might have something useful on the description!

Well I tried to help, yet no reply, I know exactly what he needs and have the catalogue numbers in a book in front of me now, however he won't get any help either, even for 500 quid, what is it with people asking for help, we reply and they can't be arsed to have the manners to enter into a conversation? totally ignored my posts, well Rollock then, I will note down your username for the future Blanking sessions

wasn't ignoring you, honest!

I did find one that one company did, but when I measured it out it had the same dimensions of a wok!

I found another that looked great till I realised it had a seperate psu to be hidden and the manufacturer was an unknown

I want to get it right first time as it going up on newly plastered and painted ceiling so don't want to have to do remedial work if it breaks prematurley.

I've emailed them, their bulkheads are only available in a different colour temperature (4000k) to the downlight in the room (3000k).

But I think you'd have to have hawkeyes to notice 1000k' difference

Last edited:
I've emailed them, their bulkheads are only available in a different colour temperature (4000k) to the downlight in the room (3000k).

But I think you'd have to have hawkeyes to notice 1000k' difference

Hi,

did you go for any of the Origin Lighting ones? I have had their catalogue and have installed several of their Pearl LED fittings and have been very impressed. You can semi recess them to they can become very low profile.

Pearl LED Bulkhead - Retrofit LED Wall Lighting - IP44 - SEMAX LED

Reply to Surface mount low profile LED ceiling light recommendations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net