Discuss Survey of Solar Energy for dissertation student! PLEASE HELP! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

willsargeant

Hi,

My name is Will Sargeant and I am a 3rd year geography student at the University of Birmingham.

I am completing a dissertation on Solar Energy, and am looking to post a survey on the subject, for completion by forum users.

Please advise me if this will be possible

Many thanks,

Will

LINK to the survey: http://tinyurl.com/98624m2

all responses are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be worth you PM'ing one of the moderators of this forum (there is a list at the footer of the main thread list page I believe) and they might be able to help you out :)

Tried to send a PM to moderator but it wouldn't let me as i have less than 15 posts. Any ideas?

Tried to send a PM to moderator but it wouldn't let me as i have less than 15 posts. Any ideas?

I would think that one will be along shortly and see your topic - once they've had their dinner. Never interrupt a moderator from his dinner or from watching footy.
What kind of things are you likely to be asking - and will it be more towards installers or consumers/owners? (I'm an owner).

Its a survey specifically for owners, about 25 questions which should take 10 mins max to complete.

I'm interested in researching the reasons why people chose to get solar installed.

Do many owners use this forum?

Thanks for the help

Do many owners use this forum?

Yes, owners and installers with their own solar use this forum. Probably an equal mix.

My decision was an equal mix of energy independence (I'm also into "grow your own") and as a useful place to invest some money. My system was one of the higher-FiT-rate ones, so the return on investment was exceptional - too generous actually - probably into double-digits per year percentage returns, which is better than almost anything else including stockmarkets.
The high FiT rate that I get persuades me to "pay back" some of it in the form of offering my experiences to others. I also contribute my readings to PVOutput.org and supply readings to the University of Sheffield solar-farm team.

A friend/distant relative of mine had it for the bill savings. They don't have mains gas, so use a lot of electricity and got hit by a very big electricity bill after the bitterly cold weather in Jan-Feb 2012; this tipped their decision.

My parents-in-law had it for the "free" electricity (bill savings). They opted for rent-a-roof (maybe company called Homesun?) but are thinking about buying the panels and maybe adding a second array because the FiT payments are attractive relative to the lack of return on cash, bonds, property and difficult markets for shares.

Link to PVOutput:

-> Cambs S P 3.750kW

I believe that some people's data is exagerated and/or inaccurate due to add-on electricity measuring devices/energy monotirs; my data is from the OFGEM-approved "official" generation meter.

Link to Sheffield Solar Farm (they only are interested in readings from generation meters, presumably because they appreciate that the eneergy monitors can be wildly inaccurate)

-> Welcome to the UK wide network of PV generators - Microgen Database.

Will,

If you haven't found it yet, try SurveyMonkey - you can create all sorts of surveys and collate the results, make it anonymous and you'll get more returns. (include questions like size of your installed system) You could then include the link to it here.

I already have a link to an online survey I have created already, and posted else where. It won't let me post it until I have posted 15 times, and it won't let me private message a moderator until I have posted 10 times!

Looks as though I'm a bit stuck really.

You could put your link in like this

wwwlink dot tomysurvey dot com :) or a bitly link might be easier to type :)

And theny keep giving us feed back :)

Reply to Survey of Solar Energy for dissertation student! PLEASE HELP! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock