Discuss Suspended ceiling - how do you run lighting calbles ? ? ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Allow me.

12_3_129.gif

Don't run cables directly onto suspended ceiling.
Keeping things neat may save you time if lots of cables.
Install a run of tray cable or trunking along your main run (ceiling or wall).
If tray, make loops of cable to support your new cables whilst installing then finally tie back in groupings.
If trunking, make up retainers from pieces of 20mm plastic tube cut down the middle. Be inventive. Messy jobs can turn into a nightmare.

Don't run cables directly onto suspended ceiling.
Keeping things neat may save you time if lots of cables.
Install a run of tray cable or trunking along your main run (ceiling or wall).
If tray, make loops of cable to support your new cables whilst installing then finally tie back in groupings.
If trunking, make up retainers from pieces of 20mm plastic tube cut down the middle. Be inventive. Messy jobs can turn into a nightmare.

Oh, groupings...another subject

Cateenary sounds good. never tried it but certainly cheaper than trunking, plas conduit, roses etc.

Whichever method you use 'make it tidy' and make it look professional so you can be proud of it.
There is no definative 'right way' to do a job and we should all learning all of the time.

'Make it right'
Uhmm. Thanks AJelec. I like that!

Ive jus finished doing a suspended ceiling myself, jus tie wrapped the cables to the wires which holds the suspended ceiling up and fix 20mm stop end boxes to the concrete ceiling and fit kliks. Alot easier than fitting conduit throughout.

sounds rough i still have a bit of pride in my job. Besides what do you do if you want to change the layout of the lights?? with my method its unplug move lights then plug in.

I think there's a few people on here shoud stay behind @ school and do line's ......

I MUST TAKE PRIDE IN MY WORK... ;)

Cateenary sounds good. never tried it but certainly cheaper than trunking, plas conduit, roses etc.

Whichever method you use 'make it tidy' and make it look professional so you can be proud of it.
There is no definative 'right way' to do a job and we should all learning all of the time.

'Make it right'
Uhmm. Thanks AJelec. I like that!

'Make it right' is a phrase used by Mr Mike Holmes, from Holmes on Homes its on discovery channel he is a general builder who fixes all the bodge jobs left by dogy contractors his ethos is second to none i really admire what hes doing in the states. check out his web site try Mike Holmes.!!!

'Make it right' is a phrase used by Mr Mike Holmes, from Holmes on Homes its on discovery channel he is a general builder who fixes all the bodge jobs left by dogy contractors his ethos is second to none i really admire what hes doing in the states. check out his web site try Mike Holmes.!!!

I agree but he really does make out that any other contractor in the US is bad, and never does anything by 'code', even if they are top notch.:eek:

And dont forget, he is on quite a healthy income for this.:rolleyes:

Reply to Suspended ceiling - how do you run lighting calbles ? ? ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net