Discuss SWA connections................ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
What would be a recommended way of creating a 3-way connection in 4mm SWA? I have had a look at Hylec Tee connectors and other such things but what would people recommend? I am a bit limited for space as I am running the swa in a trunking which is shared with an MDPE pipe.

A resin branch joint is one approach, if you have the room. E.g. Branch Resin Joint Kit - SWA - https://www.swaonline.co.uk/cable-jointing/cellpack-resin-cable-joint-kits/branch-resin-joint-kit
If you don't have the width for the branch then you might be able to use a straight if the end is large enough to accept two cables without mangling it.

If you want it accessible and have 70mm or so width, a BESA trouser-box (Y box) might suit. The smallest glanded setup you could make would involve drilling a metal enclosure to suit. If you offset one gland behind another using a longscrew, it can be little more than one gland diameter plus 20mm.

Reply to SWA connections................ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Was having a poke around the old man's house today. Anyway. DB is under stairs (18th ed following a recent extension. Not done by me but it's...
Replies
Views
For various reasons out of my control, we have wound up in a situation where we have 1.5mm SWA cables buried in these pillars and exiting out of...
Replies
Views
As the title says, I am looking for a recommendation for an enclosure and gland arrangement to electrically isolate or divorce the earth/armouring...
Replies
Views
In the UK, It is said that the neutral wire is connected to ground/earth wire along the way back to the substation. Ive inherited a setup where...
Replies
Views
I am stuck on another job for next 2 months . Friend has maybe 14 max down lighters and maybe 2 pendant points . Wiring in loft space is a bit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock