Discuss Swa methods (trying again)) in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SPARK2B

SORRY!!!...made spelling mistake, tried to correct, forum went nutts (my laptop more likly)...so re posting...

hi all, hope your all well and having a good weekend...

does anyone haave experiance of these gadgets,.....we have only touched on SWA at college, but i was told i did a very good job, so much so i did it three more times to show others, (finally found summin im good at in the electrician world ))

anyway, thoughts ideas and opinions welcome,.........is it any quicker and worth the outlay, no mayyer how small ?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=C...nnel=fflb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=udSdU6vPKIjY8gfz24GADg

as always guys and or gals, any and all help much appreciated...

spark2b

I have one, they are a useful tool make the ends off nice and neat and damn useful when working in confined spaces where you can't get your junior hacksaw in.

cheers guys,...much appreciated...i can deffo see the use in it (confined spaces to name one).....i no it may seem a bit of a gimmik, but electric drill once seemed a gimmik (i bet)

Dillb, telectrix,...quick replies....fab!

spark2b

I've used a similar one called a blade runner, we had around 150 ends to make off and our boss thought these would be quicker, personally i prefer hacksaw, no reason just personal preference.

Not seen that one must be new, got a kew tech one not as big as the Ck one but does the same job dunno if I'd pay 30 quid out my own pocket one mine got put on bosses account…as for usefulness fount it quite handy for garden lighting job just done but nothing wrong with a hacksaw does just as good job

sorry!!!...made spelling mistake, tried to correct, forum went nutts (my laptop more likly)...so re posting...

Hi all, hope your all well and having a good weekend...

Does anyone haave experiance of these gadgets,.....we have only touched on swa at college, but i was told i did a very good job, so much so i did it three more times to show others, (finally found summin im good at in the electrician world ))

anyway, thoughts ideas and opinions welcome,.........is it any quicker and worth the outlay, no mayyer how small ?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...nnel=fflb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=udsdu6vpkijy8gfz24gadg

as always guys and or gals, any and all help much appreciated...

Spark2b
do you speaky the english?

SORRY!!!...made spelling mistake, tried to correct, forum went nutts (my laptop more likly)...so re posting...
I don't think you're able to change the thread title once it's posted. I've deleted the other thread.

I am also quite proficient in swahili (beginner) and quite comfortable with turkish,.....and am looking at BSL courses, if that helps you sleep any better tonight.:punk:
It is okay Fella, I can see your English has improved enough to actually be readable now, English will be fine :yawn:

I take it time has elapsed on the patent for the blade runner now then if CK are making that copy now then?

I have got a blade runner and it is good for the cable sizes it fits properly (not the smallest sizes or anything big)
The apprentice got a bit marked when I wouldn't let them use it until they had learned to do it properly first.

To answer your question, I wouldn't bother with that tool, I would use a hacksaw, if your worried about making the armoured square and neat put some inulation tape around the cable before cutting it so you have a guide to follow.

Reply to Swa methods (trying again)) in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock