• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss SWA Testing cpc continuity! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sam Lapham

Hello just wondering if anyone could help me! I have to test a circuit tomorrow wired in SWA that is using its armoring as its earth, To carry out the R1+R2 test how would i eliminate any parallel paths? Surely the only real way to do this would be to remove the cable from the side of the metal DB and carry out an R2 test? HASTLE! Or do I disconnect the main incoming earth terminal and carry out an R1 + R2 test this way the board is not connected to earth in any way? One more thing!! When putting down the size of the protective conductor do I just put the size of the fly lead used or work out the swa armoring equilivant?

Cheers

S

Sam Lapham

No its for an exam installation report! Got it sussed now though i think! Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.