Discuss Swap fused spur for Single Socket in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

am549

-
Reaction score
Hi

I'd like to swap a 13a fused spur for a single 13a socket as we're never going to put a fireplace in and just want to have less wire clutter.
I've swapped sockets over before without an issue but what's confused me here is that there are 2 sets of wires going into the socket (see picture).

20180227_113223.jpg
Am I still OK to wire in a normal single socket?

perfectly normal. 2 conductors into each terminal. just connect socket like that is done. no copper visible and earths connected. brown in L. blue in N, ||E in E, don't cross the streams, don't nick the wires( I'm a Scouser, that's my job).

You need an Electrician

I presume you are being sarcastic..
Come on mate.. If he follows the advice from Tel then I don't see a problem. Unless the guy is rubbish at DIY and in that case then don't touch anything..

I'm fine at DIY, I've swapped sockets over before without an issue, I was just thrown a bit this time by the 2 sets of wires and wanted to check before I waded in!

I'm fine at DIY, I've swapped sockets over before without an issue, I was just thrown a bit this time by the 2 sets of wires and wanted to check before I waded in!

If it come to electrickety then you can trust Tel... Any other subject I would question..... :tearsofjoy:

If it come to electrickety then you can trust Tel... Any other subject I would question..... :tearsofjoy:
yeah, but i'm also knowledgeable on relationships/marriage, having been through 3 divorces. expert on real ales. just been bowled over by a wwthink tank that finds that household cleaning stuff is a higher danger to lung disease than smoking, so it's now dirty house and 20 smokes a day.

jjst composing the music for my funeral. can't have the god botherers doing all them psalms and dirges. this is the main track, then some pink floyd,

yeah, but i'm also knowledgeable on relationships/marriage, having been through 3 divorces.

See mate... This is where you have blown it with your 'knowledgeable' statement.... I've only been married the once.. (Still married...) and I wouldn't do it again..... It's a bit like being kicked in the balls and saying "well, that was fun.... I'm going to do that again...."

Make sure it’s islolated (dead) before you do what Tel said ;) Presumably you have the kit to confirm?

Reply to Swap fused spur for Single Socket in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net