Discuss Swimming Pool in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Maybe, as they may well use a 3 phase pump for a pool that is 15m long and probably be 5 to 6m wide. The main power draw, that would need a substantial supply is if they are using electric heaters. As everyone has stated, you really need to contact the pool company that is installing this over sized house pool, ...Then you'll know for Certain what you need to provide!!!

Hope the owner has plenty of dosh to keep that size of pool running for 8 hours a day, let alone the heating costs to be able to use it without getting frost bite during the winter months in the UK!!...lol!!

1, I can't see how the pool is oversized if customer has accepted architects proposal of pool and designs from the pool company.
2, if you have the money to have a house built with a pool that size I don't think you will be concerned about the running costs of it do you.

1, I can't see how the pool is oversized if customer has accepted architects proposal of pool and designs from the pool company.
2, if you have the money to have a house built with a pool that size I don't think you will be concerned about the running costs of it do you.
Do'nt you believe it , they are the worst kind lol, thats how they have got it.

As ruston say's, those with money are the least likely to spend it, especially when it comes down to high running costs.
These things are like status symbols that they like to show off for a while. They don't tend to think about the running costs, when the idea of a swimming pool springs to mind, they just want one, the bigger the better and of course with all the bells that the swimming pool company can offer!!! Large Indoor swimming pools are notorious for there exorbitantly high running costs, that tend to end up only being used a couple of months a year, or emptied and mothballed completely.... It's not just the pool, that's adding to the costs, it's the room the pool is sitting in too. Unless you want constant condensation problems, the room needs to be fully air conditioned preferably with de-humidification facility.

And the boiler ticking over 24/7 combined with the pool circulation pump , heat scavenger and control system, and if it's in the sticks LPG or oil , it soon puts a hole in it's manners.

Reply to Swimming Pool in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net