Discuss Switch box and cover for L14-20 and L6-20 Receptacle/plug pair in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

DaveKP

DIY
Reaction score
I posted a question yesterday about sizing an electrical switch box cover. I realize that my question is even more basic than that - its about both a switch box and a cover that can accommodate 220 volt, 20 amp plugs/receptacles. I am retrofitting the electrical supply to an old stand-alone table saw. I have purchased a separate 20 amp DPST magnetic switch to mount on the saw table frame that will switch the 220 volt supply to the table setup. I also bought a pair of Plug/Receptacles (one L14-20 and one L6-20) to mount next to the switch. The L14-20 will bring supply to the switch and the L6-20 will supply the motor from the switch. Ideally, this Plug/Receptacles pair would go side by side in a 2-gang switch box. My problem is finding a single 2-gang switch box and corresponding cover that can house both the L14-20 and L6-20 Plug/Receptacles. A standard 4" square switch box and a 2-gang single-receptacle cover with 1.4" holes will not work. If necessary, I guess I might have to buy two separate 1-gang boxes/covers (with the 1.6" hole) and mount and wire them next to one another. Don’t really want to do that, but can’t find the appropriate 2-gang hardware. Any suggestions?
Source URL: Need 2-gang, single receptacle box cover for two 220v, 20 amp receptacles - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/need-2-gang-single-receptacle-box-cover-for-two-220v-20-amp-receptacles.184831/#post-1618090

I posted a question yesterday about sizing an electrical switch box cover. I realize that my question is even more basic than that - its about both a switch box and a cover that can accommodate 220 volt, 20 amp plugs/receptacles. I am retrofitting the electrical supply to an old stand-alone table saw. I have purchased a separate 20 amp DPST magnetic switch to mount on the saw table frame that will switch the 220 volt supply to the table setup. I also bought a pair of Plug/Receptacles (one L14-20 and one L6-20) to mount next to the switch. The L14-20 will bring supply to the switch and the L6-20 will supply the motor from the switch. Ideally, this Plug/Receptacles pair would go side by side in a 2-gang switch box. My problem is finding a single 2-gang switch box and corresponding cover that can house both the L14-20 and L6-20 Plug/Receptacles. A standard 4" square switch box and a 2-gang single-receptacle cover with 1.4" holes will not work. If necessary, I guess I might have to buy two separate 1-gang boxes/covers (with the 1.6" hole) and mount and wire them next to one another. Don’t really want to do that, but can’t find the appropriate 2-gang hardware. Any suggestions?
Source URL: Need 2-gang, single receptacle box cover for two 220v, 20 amp receptacles - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/need-2-gang-single-receptacle-box-cover-for-two-220v-20-amp-receptacles.184831/#post-1618090
My advice is to go to an RV dealership who sale stuff you need

Reply to Switch box and cover for L14-20 and L6-20 Receptacle/plug pair in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock