Discuss Switch fused spur & heater in shower room in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fascally 07

Visited an installation today(new build) and in the shower room there is switch fused spur 1200mm from shower cabinet so outside zone, with it not been a socket according to the OSG i see this as ok.
The problem I have is with the heater, it’s a convertor type heater mounted that the top of heater at 2M from ffl, where the on-of- thermostat switches are located, it also has a metal cover, is there a speck reg or anything stating that shower/bathroom heaters should be controlled by a pull cord, as you don’t want someone coming out of the shower and trying to adjust temp switch (water metal electricity not good) .
There no IP rating on data plate only stating on the box, Available for bathroom toilet and other premises with high humidity. Heater is manufactured in the USA.
So I need a reason to condemn this heater, or is it ok if outside zone? at the moment it would need to be moved 150mm to achieve outside zone classification.
Circuit is protected by 30mA RCD. Thanks in advance.
It also states on the box Double Electrical Isolation?

If the heater is moved outside the zones then only the general rules of BS7671 apply and this appears to meet those requirements. The heater does not need to be pull-cord operated and an IP2x rating is typical.

Think i will use this reg to get it binned, as the heater is not designed to be installed at high level

Regulation 512.2.1mentions that:
Every item of electrical equipment to be of a design appropriate to the situation in which it is to be used, or its type of installation shall take account of the conditions likely to be met.

Reply to Switch fused spur & heater in shower room in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net