Discuss Switch loop capabilities? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Howdy, First encounter with switch loops.
First situation is I have two lights that are apx 6 feet apart from one another and are on the same breaker. They have their own switch and both appear to be switch loops. The switch receptacle has two cables going to it that are 2.1(black white bare ground) both black and white are hot. Can these two switches be combined into one?

Second situation is I have an outlet that is also a switch loop and must power another receptacle. I’d like to make this a half hot outlet if possible without messing with whatever it jumps to. the outlet has three cables that are all 2.1(black white bare ground).

Howdy, First encounter with switch loops.
First situation is I have two lights that are apx 6 feet apart from one another and are on the same breaker. They have their own switch and both appear to be switch loops. The switch receptacle has two cables going to it that are 2.1(black white bare ground) both black and white are hot. Can these two switches be combined into one?

Second situation is I have an outlet that is also a switch loop and must power another receptacle. I’d like to make this a half hot outlet if possible without messing with whatever it jumps to. the outlet has three cables that are all 2.1(black white bare ground).
Rcorp as for the switch you can use the same power to add another switch. As far as the outlet I’m sorry I don’t have a clue what your talking about. If you mess with that outlet it will effect the rest of the outlets on that circuit. What do you mean when you say half hot ?

Reply to Switch loop capabilities? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone... There are a total of 4 cables entering the junction box at the top of the staircase. Two 12/2 cables are coming in through the...
Replies
Views
I’m switching out timer light switches for normal light switches in my bathroom. One went to a light and fan and the second went to another light...
Replies
Views
This weekend I was replacing a hall light fixture in my old home (rewired circa 1980/90's) and noticed the work was done using one of the exposed...
Replies
Views
I have a box powering three 3-phase motors off of one 240V single phase line, NEMA 10-30. In the picture you can see a wiring diagram. The...
Replies
Views
I have a staircase about 25 feet long with two recessed lights (one up top, the other at the bottom). Each light is on its own 3-way switch, which...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock