Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Switch Plate Wiring? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

What's this all about, keep coming across deep boxes packed to fault inducing capacity with cables, looks a complete cluster f*** to me, or am I just getting old?

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
How many cables are you talking about here? Surely with a deep box, you've got room for a neutral joint, earth to the back of the box, or joint of its plastic and nice tidy cores going to each switch terminal.

Unless the cables are twice as long as they need to be, whats the problem?

Just angling for a photograph here. Show us what you mean... we like pretty pictures

rolyberkin

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How many cables are you talking about here? Surely with a deep box, you've got room for a neutral joint, earth to the back of the box, or joint of its plastic and nice tidy cores going to each switch terminal.

Unless the cables are twice as long as they need to be, whats the problem?

Just angling for a photograph here. Show us what you mean... we like pretty pictures
Had such a shite day yesterday I couldn't be bothered to photograph anything, it was part 2 of squirrel gate!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

rolyberkin

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A job I had where a team of itinerant squirrels had taken up residency in a customers loft and eaten all the cables! In one of the back boxes there were six cables, the person fitting it had crimped all the earths together and screwed the crimp ti the back of the box!?

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Are squirrels attracted to electricity or something?

Reminds me of a story, which I’ve probably told on here before, where a squirrel was sitting on a transformer on an overhead pole.... tail whipped up, touched 11kV and wiped out a third of the caravan park I worked on.

I was asked if it was a red or grey squirrel....

“Um..... dunno, but it’s black now”

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Switch Plate Wiring? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom