Discuss Switch switchover - wiring advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

HI I've just had a gas fire replaced with an electric fire. The old gas fire had a brass double switch at the side of the fireplace which controlled the fan for the powered flue 1=low 2=high (I forgot it was a double switch its been so long since we used the gas fire). Anyhow I've just bought a chrome fused spur switch thinking this is what I was replacing. I'm now at a loss to know what old wires go where and whether using the fused spur switch is a good idea. Surely it can't harm given its controlling an electric fire which will draw more load than it did in the past. Old in situ wiring and new socket connections shown. Any advice welcome

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Patron
You say you've had the fire replaced - was it fully wired and working when this was done? Who did the work?

Reply to Switch switchover - wiring advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom