Discuss Switchgear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys after a recommendation for some switchgear iv got a 70mm 4core Swa going in which I'm doubling the cores up as a single phase supply due to voltage drop. Eddys have quoted me on a wylex nhspsf100 which is only good upto 50mm. Ideally I'd like bolt on terminals to lug the 2 parallel 70mms onto. Incoming/outgoing is only 35mm

Cheers

Not sure what your asking here.... you know what lug size you require then ask for some switchgear that can accept 2 x 70mm's per connection.

PS don't go for cheaper options here as you get what you pay for and you will struggle with lackm of room, poor design etc ....Ive just had to tail up a 400amp Proteous incomer and jeeze how poorly its designed and flimsy structurally it was clearly there decide team has never had to try fit 185mm's into their gear (I covered for someone so not my order or job).

Lastly consider an extension box and do an adiabatic equation for your earth if your using 4 cores as a 1ph supply as I doubt the swa it will satisfy the 140mm core csa you have achieved so better to run a separate earth or 2 separate swa's as parallel feeds.

Also ask your supplier if wylex provide an upgrade kit for the 35mm termination terminals ... many brands have some form of kit that allows these to be increased for larger cables... again because of the size incomer you have the isolator may be too tight on space as its designed for a 35mm max so consider this and your glanding point of entry too, this will be the difference between been physically able to terminate it and not.

Last edited:
I can guarantee the steel armouring won't be able to satisfy requirements and that if any main bonding is going to take place at load end of this cable, it won't comply anyway. A suitably sized separate earth conductor is going to be a must, especially over what must be a considerable distance, if you need 140mm of copper to supply a 100A or less load!!! lol!!

Reply to Switchgear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am helping a local football club who are having some issues with Zs being too high on the submain. They have the supply Henley blocked into a...
Replies
Views
I need to augment the underground supply to remote workshops at my own house. I’m struggling to understand the practical implications of voltage...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm still training so some advice would be appreciated :) We have a shed about 60m from the house where would like a supply. I've...
Replies
Views
Apologies for the complexity of this question, but there’s no easy way to explain it. This is a remote Norfolk house and workshops, developed...
Replies
Views
I have just fitted a BG 2gang weatherproof switch. At present only 1 of the gangs is in use to switch 5 x 200w LED floodlights. I used 6mm 3...
Replies
Views
Squid
S

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock