• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss System Design Help in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingsparks

Regular EF Member
Hi Guys

I am designing a system for an east west array using 8 x REC 240PE modules on each side of the roof and was proposing to use a Power One PVI3.6OUTD inverter, splitting the array over the two MMP trackers. Could anyone please confirm for me that this would be a good configuration as I have have not used this make of inverter before.

Thanks

Jez

solarcat

Regular EF Member
Hi Jez,

yes, this is a good configuration, the two MPPT trackers of the PVI 3.6 will allow the two arrays to work independently.

FB.

Electrician's Arms
Yes, two strings of 8x250W(ish) panels into a dual MPPT Power One is an excellent configuration.

Power One offer a configuration tool here, where you input inverter and panel type/rating:
Power-One String Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.