Discuss System fault on panel 001 short/ circuit in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Please how do i start to check for system fault on panel short circuit. I was able to solve this problem before but now it's taking like forever and am getting frustrated please help. I am working on a Esser IQ 8000 control FACP.

Not familiar with this fire control equipment but having done a search it is not clear if this a conventional or addressable panel which makes it difficult to suggest the best way forward

Not familiar with this fire control equipment but having done a search it is not clear if this a conventional or addressable panel which makes it difficult to suggest the best way forward
Sorry it is an addressable system. Now the system fault short circuit is on the panel not on the loop. This is because I have carried out loop diagnosis and all loop wiring is fine. But have not been able to find the cable thats in the panel that's showing short or break.

any form o
of suggestions will be much appr3ciated. As I need to round up my work as soon as possible.

I would start by setting up the panel without the external wiring connected just using cable links / loops as necessary to verify the panel short circuit is a panel fault and not a misreported problem with the loop, you could add a couple of loop devices to the links to further check the panel

As mentioned earlier not familiar with this kit so just thinking through the type of fault finding I would do on similar equipment

Does the loop use or have loop isolators fitted if so have any tripped

Have you checked the number / type of devices fitted are compatible with the panel spec

Reply to System fault on panel 001 short/ circuit in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net