Discuss System quotes - Any comments in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jmagla

Hi, my first post as I am looking to get a solar panel system installed. I have had two quotes so far, both from what appears to be descent installers given the reviews I have seen and the discussions I have had.

Quote 1 SMA 3600TL inverter and 16 x 250W REC Peak Energy series panels

Quote 2 Samil 3680TL inverter and 16 x 250 Solar World panels

I dont have any real knowledge of the panels, but quote 1 is cheaper even with the SMA inverter, so if the REC panels are pretty good i am swaying towards them, any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thoughts on potential system?

I am new to thiese forums and also solar power but am thinking of getting a system installed. I have had two quotes so far and would welcome any thoughts on the quality of the panels inverter:

System 1 SMA 3600TL inverter and REC Peak energy series panels 16 x 250w 4KW system.

System 2 SAMIL 3600TL inverter and Solar World (black) panels 16 x 250w 4 KW system.

Any thoughts on teh components match and quality, also is there any advantage/disadvantage to the black panels other than colour?

Thanks, any feedback much appreciated, by the way quote 2 is quite a bit more expensive. Both suppliers have come accross well during the quote/discussion stage.

Thanks.

Hi Jmagla, your two threads were very similar so I've merged them into one to avoid confusion.

Yes, thats fine, i thought the first hadnt gone through so posted again, in effect its the same question about whether the equipment on each quote is a good balance and whether one system is superior to the other, apologies for the confusion!

REC are very good quality, if that system is cheaper and the company checks out OK then I would go with them. To be honest there are a lot of threads like this where installers on this forum end up offering advice that makes a sale to a company that they have nothing to do with. Why not consider getting a quotation from a forum member who is local to you. There are many good installers that post on here and the vast majority of them know their trade very well.

I think both options are good. REC are one of my favourite panels so I would lean towards those but Solarworld are also pretty good. Not a lot of difference in the inverters in my opinion.

ETA black panels, in theory, will be less efficient owing to the fact that they absorb more heat. If aesthetics are an issue and you like black then go for it. If not then stick to silver framed.

I would also echo what Spitfire said - maybe worth asking a forum member to give you a quote?

Point taken, if anyone would like to quote, feel free, preferably local to NE242LU, My house is South/South West facing, roof is more than big enough to accomodate 16 250W panels (subject to roof survey of course). The house was fully rewired last year with at least one free zone on the panel, access to loft is ok. I have a D rated epc. I am looking for a 4kw system, not budget but not top of the range either, similar to the systems mentioned above. Quote must include everything from survey through to full installation and certification. I have had two quotes, one from a national company and one local, one further quote coming tomorrow. Thanks.
Moderator: should I start this as a new thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, i had already arranged for wersolar to quote and just got another from this forum, so thats 4 in total which might be enough. Thanks again for feedback etc.

Hi were you based in blyth? I think my surveyor Phil Davison attended, I hope everything was ok! any questions please just ask either on here or via telephone/ email

And thanks solar city I appreciate the recommendation were about are you based for future reference as I will try and repay the favour. I also hope you guys are keeping busy.

Hi were you based in blyth? I think my surveyor Phil Davison attended, I hope everything was ok! any questions please just ask either on here or via telephone

yes, I have all the information I need, still got one more visit next week then I will make my mind up, I will let the unsuccessful ones know via email, thanks.

Reply to System quotes - Any comments in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net