Discuss t@e in conduit? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparky28

Hi all, query, I need to run a cable (s) and I was thinking of running a piece of 1.5mm in a piece of 20mm conduit approx 2 meters before going into a stud wall.

Just wondered what ideas are out there ????

Cheers

I've put T&E in plastic conduit, straight runs are fine, also the odd bend if you bend the conduit using an internal spring.
But trying to use the bends you can buy doesn't work, they are too small a bending radius and cause the T&E to coil up and/or jam, as you'll see if you try it.

You can use bends you just need to put the conduit over the cable, not try and push the cable thro after the conduit is all in place.

Nothing wrong with T&E in plastic conduit, rather than conduit cable, if that's what you are asking. It's just more expensive to do it that way, but if you already have it, and no conduit cable, then go for it.

he's got to use T/E as it's partly in a stud wall and whatever without conduit, so he cant use single insulated singles. nowt wrong with T/E in tube, but as snowhead said, thread it piece by piece and you can use bends then.

Did it last week, two lighting circuits in a small shop, flat above the shop so can't bury in cable so ran 1.5mm in 20mm PVC conduit, either that or self adhesive trunking.....no thanks

You may as well have asked " does anyone know the winning lottery numbers for next week?"

You don't do you??? Just asking...? Just tell me five of them if you want to keep the jackpot to yourself.

I've put T&E in plastic conduit, straight runs are fine, also the odd bend if you bend the conduit using an internal spring.
But trying to use the bends you can buy doesn't work, they are too small a bending radius and cause the T&E to coil up and/or jam, as you'll see if you try it.

one word, draw wire. yellow77 if needed.

doing it piece at a time, i've got 6mm T/E in 20mm plastic, with elbows. 1.5 should fly in.

Reply to t@e in conduit? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net