Discuss T12 fluorescent to LED conversion help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bgalizio

DIY
Reaction score
Looking for help converting T12 fluorescents to LED. Have a bunch of these in my basement and wanted to confirm the correct type of LED tube to get - single or double ended. Each fixture has 4 of the 4 ft T12s and 2 ballasts. Hopefully the pictures help.

637EFDCD-A29E-4995-918C-93A6572B2038.jpegBA77BDC3-FA4A-42D4-AF41-8A187A59E101.jpeg
[automerge]1595423521[/automerge]
Looking for help converting T12 fluorescents to LED. Have a bunch of these in my basement and wanted to confirm the correct type of LED tube to get - single or double ended. Each fixture has 4 of the 4 ft T12s and 2 ballasts. Hopefully the pictures help.

637EFDCD-A29E-4995-918C-93A6572B2038.jpegBA77BDC3-FA4A-42D4-AF41-8A187A59E101.jpeg
My preference is to remove the ballasts and rewire.

Last edited:
personally i'd fit 2"x2' Led panels and shuffle the tiles around. add additional tiles if necessary.

Yep. Fit led panels, 1200x600, even..... and bin them. I find (or used to before I gave up on them years ago) that the standard with converting is rubbish and with time taken, etc......

View attachment 59624View attachment 59625
[automerge]1595423521[/automerge]

My preference is to remove the ballasts and rewire.
Correct, led tubes do not need ballasts, if the input voltage of led tube is AC220V/110V, then just rewire directly.

Thanks! To get my bearings around this, from the set up in the pictures would you recommend wiring as single ended?
That's OK.
Hereby I send a T8 tube Wiring diagram for your reference, simply speaking, LED tube does not need a ballast and starter, you can cut all wires except that from electric box. There are two types of led tube, one is double-ends input, you can connect each wire to each sides. The other is single-end input, you can connect two wires to the 2 pins of the input side(Import: first of all, you shall confirm with the Tube supplier which end to be put).
Take it easy, not difficult, but take good care.

Attachments

• T8-Tube-Wire-connection-SuperLED.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 4

Reply to T12 fluorescent to LED conversion help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net