Discuss T4TS Pre attendance Health and Safety test in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thing is though I've had tutor marked assesment up to module 11 and I've passed all of them. Some of the questions in the pre attendance test where read these two statements and then pick which answers best for the statements ie 1 is correct and 2 is incorrect etc. I actually thought I did pretty well but obviously not. Hey ho il have another read of the two documents from hse and take a re test in 7 days. Just hate the feeling of falling behind

Thing is though I've had tutor marked assesment up to module 11 and I've passed all of them. Some of the questions in the pre attendance test where read these two statements and then pick which answers best for the statements ie 1 is correct and 2 is incorrect etc. I actually thought I did pretty well but obviously not. Hey ho il have another read of the two documents from hse and take a re test in 7 days. Just hate the feeling of falling behind

I too have tried this test 2 times now and failed both attempts. They are worded so badly that sometimes I spend more time trying to understand the statements than I do actually processing theanswers in my head.

Iv been doing some research and I’ve just finished readingthrough 13 pages of a plumbing forum which goes on about this exact situationwith train4trades. (im with train4jobs which are most likely a sister companyof some kind) I
have to admit it’s not agood read and has left me very disheartened about the whole course. Itappears the course is near on impossible to pass as a delay tactic, then youwill get a written test which is more of an assignment than a test and is basedaround Risk assessment’s etc. The whole process of failing the online tests andhaving to wait 7 days between and completing and passing the assignment whichis weeks and weeks of work plus the posting of h written assignment etc can take you upto 10 weeks.

I am a very patient person and I will put in as much work aspossible, however it seems there is a rotten agenda to these types of course’s.

Personally I took this route because I’m 33, have 2 kids, a mortgage and amdesperate to learn a trade iv always wanted to do and earn a liveable wagedoing so. I also could do the course in my spare time as I carried on workingin my current (crap) job. It seems I am a prime candidate.

I’m very unmotivated at the moment but I have to pick myselfup and keep trying with this course. I have no other option. I have a familythat rely on me.

If anyone could share light on experiences with these typesof course’s and any help/advice I think we would all be very very grateful

thanks

Doing the same course mate but with trades gateway distant college. Just spoke to my tutors after failing first time explained exactly what you just said and he said to attempt a second go amd then call and he will try and get paper test sent out quicker. I've already been delayed 6 weeks waiting for books. Im going to take photos on my phone of each question on my second test and when I call them I'm going to read some of them back to them amd tell them what I answered and see what they say that way. I'm a site supervisor for a drainage company and health and safety is my bread and butter and I shouldn't have failed this. Got me really down. My tutor actually said I wonder if I could pass it. I believe from reading it's to delay you until you have paid a certain amount. When was your start date and how many monthly payments have you paid. I've only paid 7 and 8 next week. Some people say that once you have paid over so mich you will pass it

I’ve only paid 3! So I’ve got a long wait ahead if that’s thecase. So when the guy said I can do the course at my pace, he lied.

Im not sure what I do to be honest. Patrick you must be atthe same point as me? Is it with train4jobs?

No mine is with trades gateway and I've just completed module 11 I'm doing full scope how are you at the pre attendance test already after only 3 months. Are you only part defined scope. It's taken me around 7 months to do upto module 11. As there was a massive book to read.

iv completed 9 TMA up to now and failed the online assessment twice. Iv took screen shots of the questions to try and research them but if what your saying is true I doubt very much that I will pass within my 4 attempts even if I got 100% :-o how would we ever know seems there is no feedback on it whatsoever!

I ding

C&G 235 both level 2 and level 3, although iv emailed them today because I want to make sure they will provide me with the practical to pass level 3.

C&G 2382 – 17[SUP]th[/SUP] edition
IET wiring regs
C&G 2392
C&G 2394
C&G 2395
BPEC full scope

iv also asked them this direct question

“once I complete and finish the course will I be a qualifieddomestic electrician”

“will I be able to apply for roles advertising for aqualified electrician”

It would be good to hear their response, but just so you know;

The chances are with any reputable company you will not be classed as a qualified Electrician without the C&G (or EAL) NVQ in Electrotechnical systems (2357). You will definitely not be classed by JIB as a qualified Electrician so therefore will not be able to get the "Electrician" ECS card which a lot of Construction sites require.

Good luck

As as far as I was sold it, The course was training me to be a qualified electrician. If they cannot provide me with official certification to say I am qualified then it's not and never was the right course for me. I want to be a qualified electrician and become employed.

Lets ts see what they say

I getvthe nvq included at there construction company

I would check that Patrick. I was told the same thing at thestage of signing up but now they are saying to complete my level 3 I will haveto demonstrate to an nvq assessor at a workplace that I will have to find. Ispecifically remember being shown a booklet which had pictures of a recentrenovation that all of the nvq guys did on all of the courses they offer

Oh dear this sounds all too familiar, doesn't it Patrick? I did try to warn and I hope for your sake I am wrong.

That reads a little smug eodneil.

I think like Patrick I am trying to be positive and to believe it is not A con and more a misunderstanding. At the end of the day if the course only provides me with level 2 and some parts of level 3 and then I have to sort my own practicals out a workplace then I will have to do it. I can't give up on the course because of that. I have a mortgage and 2 kids/wife dependant on me becomin qualified. I can't leave the course because I am signed up

What other options are there?

I don't mean to come across like an idiot, but on another topic probably about a month ago I warned Patrick that what they had promised him in regards to the NVQ and putting him on a work placement was to good to be true, but he chose to ignore my comments, even though I am an experienced FE College Lecturer and Assessor.

I understand that what you are saying and my comment was not aimed at you. I teach adults ranging from 24 to 50 years old every day who are in similar circumstances to you.

As I said on an earlier post good luck with it all.

was you warning him after he had signed up ir prior?

If I had been wise enough to post on hear prior then I would probably have taken more time deciding if it was the right direction towards becoming an electrician.

Maybe he's in a situation where he wants to hear a positive way forward, like me :)

Ok here's what they've said on the phone.

iv signed up for a level 2 and some units of level 3.

to be classed as a fully qualified electrician I will have to do te level 3 with themselves or another course provider.

i explained that I was told there would be some practical training at the end to complete level 3 but she said that's only with plumbing. They do offer a level 3 course which involves 4 more weeks practical training and 4 more tutor marked assignments.

im really not sure what to do.

can anybody help? I believe I have enough ground to leave the course. If I did what other options are there for me to train to become an electrician based on the fact I can't leave my current job?

any help would be greatly appreciated

just so you know, iv passed the Health and safety pre attendance test on my 3rd attempt and iv only made 4 payments. Maybe the test isn't a stalling tactic until you've paid enough and is actually a real exam to make sure you know your s**t when it comes to health and safety

ive taken test 4 times now and written a very snotty email asking question about the question and not heard anything back i been told my the tutor team they will help me do the paper part of the same test i wil have to wait for the post man with the test
hi guys they sent me back my test paper with it marked if anyone needs any advise let me know and im off to fetherstone in may i was supposed to be on it this week i had to cancel due to work but they booked me in again for may
Yes , please help me !!! Am going insane with this one ..

ive just bloody failed this. with trades gateway and i dont know what i failed on please help me its doing my nut in gotta wait 7 days is well
Feeling your pain bud , I'm training with them too, I'm starting to go blind .... Had paper part for a couple of months now as I pretty much gave up and started to wave good by to the money I paid . Need to try and do this ..

Reply to T4TS Pre attendance Health and Safety test in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock