Discuss T4TS Pre attendance Health and Safety test in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

There are many questions where both statements are correct but you have to choose whether they are linked or not. like obviously they are because its all health and safety but at what point do they consider it linked?

Hi i know this is a old thread, but i already have a ECS card and am doing the T4TS course, wil the ECS cover me for the pre attendance Health & safety test ?

Can anyone offer some advice/help on this (i've messaged you gazdkw82), i've tried this exam and blimey, even with my prior H&S knowledge and experience in part of the industry i failed and obviously don't know by how much. I've probably paid on a 1/3 (i know quite slow) and im getting anxious with only a year and a half to try and smash through this course, which i know i can. If anyone can help i would be most appreciated, i wouldn't care if it was spoon fed, i have read through all the material but blimey the exam is just stupid considering. Thanks all! I can resit it on the 15/03/17 but i want to make sure this next time i pass it!

Can anyone offer some advice/help on this (i've messaged you gazdkw82), i've tried this exam and blimey, even with my prior H&S knowledge and experience in part of the industry i failed and obviously don't know by how much. I've probably paid on a 1/3 (i know quite slow) and im getting anxious with only a year and a half to try and smash through this course, which i know i can. If anyone can help i would be most appreciated, i wouldn't care if it was spoon fed, i have read through all the material but blimey the exam is just stupid considering. Thanks all! I can resit it on the 15/03/17 but i want to make sure this next time i pass it!

EDIT: Spoke to customer services, sounds like alot of people have a problem with this exam, she literally said just keep trying and if you fail you'll get the paper one sent out to you after the 3rd/4th attempt. Apparently it is the hardest aspect of this course and people do struggle like myself. Sounds retarded though, she stated they enforce the test, but they don't know what people fail on or how to pass it, just it's a pass/fail exam. Wait till the 15th and try again!! let's hope! :)

I'm starting my C&G 2365 level 2 & 3 at Trade skills 4 U in a couple of weeks. I've been hammering through the prep as the course is 10 weeks on level 2 and 6 weeks on level 3 (full time).

I will complete this course in October and...
  • I will still need to build up a portfolio of work over 18 months or more to submit for the NVQ qualification (NVQ Assessor cost?).
  • I will also need to get the testing qualifications (C&G 2394 & 2395 - £1300?), and
  • I will then need to complete the AM2 to become a qualified electrician (£595 + poss recap course).

This process will take me a good couple of years and that is if I get a job straight after I complete the 2365.

This will cost me well over £8k to do. There are cheaper courses out there, but you will still have to complete the above to become an electrician.

If you don't have the time or money to do the fast track course... You can do all these qualifications with most local colleges on an evening study basis. I can guarantee you'll get a better education than some questionable company that promises the ECS Card before you've even got halfway!

I'm starting my C&G 2365 level 2 & 3 at Trade skills 4 U in a couple of weeks. I've been hammering through the prep as the course is 10 weeks on level 2 and 6 weeks on level 3 (full time).

I will complete this course in October and...
  • I will still need to build up a portfolio of work over 18 months or more to submit for the NVQ qualification (NVQ Assessor cost?).
  • I will also need to get the testing qualifications (C&G 2394 & 2395 - £1300?), and
  • I will then need to complete the AM2 to become a qualified electrician (£595 + poss recap course).

This process will take me a good couple of years and that is if I get a job straight after I complete the 2365.

This will cost me well over £8k to do. There are cheaper courses out there, but you will still have to complete the above to become an electrician.

If you don't have the time or money to do the fast track course... You can do all these qualifications with most local colleges on an evening study basis. I can guarantee you'll get a better education than some questionable company that promises the ECS Card before you've even got halfway!

I don't mean to sound harsh, I really did go the wrong way with going by this company, but im doing it and i'll try my best to see it thrugh, i'll be same position as you by the end. but only having to do my NVQ and AM2. i was looking for some help with this pre-attendance course, but appears no-one who has currently done it/doing it is about! Ahh! That does sound alot quicker and good though. I was going to go that route if im honest but the cost put me off, no im kind of regreting and wish i could cancel with Trades Gateway and just go do my 17th edition/Inspection & Testing/PAT testing and just go get experience on the job. Live and let learn though (a costly 6,500 lesson :p )

I don't mean to sound harsh, I really did go the wrong way with going by this company, but im doing it and i'll try my best to see it thrugh, i'll be same position as you by the end. but only having to do my NVQ and AM2. i was looking for some help with this pre-attendance course, but appears no-one who has currently done it/doing it is about! Ahh! That does sound alot quicker and good though. I was going to go that route if im honest but the cost put me off, no im kind of regreting and wish i could cancel with Trades Gateway and just go do my 17th edition/Inspection & Testing/PAT testing and just go get experience on the job. Live and let learn though (a costly 6,500 lesson :p )

I really did need help with this pre-attendance test though, after that apparently it's pretty clean sailing there's no more stupid exams like this one, but they said 7 days each time you fail so a minimum of 28days to pass it then a paper exam sent out to do it. I only have 14months left to finish it!

I just wanted to stress the process, as some of these companies pretend you'll be allowed to go out on your own straight out of the course. I still haven't been able to confirm what I can do with the level 3 and 2357 bridging unit :fearscream::laughing:

I had a look at their website and i think its quite cheeky they put, as you'll still need the NVQ portfolio.

On successful completion of the course you would be able, legally and safely, to work as a qualified electrical installer / electrician, either in your own business or for a company.

As for the H&S test. I'd take photos of the questions and your answers and put pressure them for answers.

I just wanted to stress the process, as some of these companies pretend you'll be allowed to go out on your own straight out of the course. I still haven't been able to confirm what I can do with the level 3 and 2357 bridging unit :fearscream::laughing:

I had a look at their website and i think its quite cheeky they put, as you'll still need the NVQ portfolio.

As for the H&S test. I'd take photos of the questions and your answers and put pressure them for answers.

Good idea, im attempting it again wednesday, until this point they have been pretty active in answering my questions, as for this time. They simply state "it's a pass/fail, you have to keep trying until you pass and if you don't by the 4th, we'll send you a paper copy to which your tutors can help with" :S this seems bizarre to me, or a stalling tactic, either way im only worried as i've got a year to get it all done essentially, i can get the time off for practicals easy enough but i want to ensure i actually learn the stuff not just cram it in so i get my pass. Regardless looks bad on them and they've stated if i fail/don't complete it they have to put me through it again, im glad they put this part in their contract :) however 3 years to do it again.. that would be painful. You know of anyone who has gone through trades gateway on the full scope/domestic electrical course?

I've previously read something on the forum about them... It wasn't bad, but the commentary was that the NVQ portfolio takes a lot longer than everyone seems to think and the H&S exam is a complete nightmare.

Trades Gateway - any feedback good or bad? - http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/threads/trades-gateway-any-feedback-good-or-bad.96669/page-3

I just wish someone who had posted on here previously who has done it could offer some guidance, i deal with H&S in my current job.. baffled at how i failed it. I'm re-reading the whole thing, just de-moralizing. Kind of feel like i've picked the wrong course! providing after i pass it it all goes fine im sure i'll be happy. To be honest, i just wanted to better myself and wanted the 17th edition/inspection and testing. If i have any struggles with it on my next attempt can i message yourself?

Hey guys. I'm also doing the trades gateway full scope course. I failed the pre attendance H&S exam 3 times. Was so dejected after failing on multiple occasions. I applied for my ECS card last week and done the H&S assessment with them and had 44/45. So on reflection I think trades gateway make the H&S exam much more complicated than it needs to be! Received the paper copy and there's a lot more work required than I anticipated. Best get studying!

I started Electrician self-study course with train4jobs. I have completed module 9 and now preparing for H&S assessment. I would like to know if I could use this course to apply for ECS trainee card, if Yes, what documents do I need to upload on the ECS web site. I have just passed the ECS H&S assessment.

I’m also with Train4jobs dongthe part P (level 2). I’ve done the H&S assessment after I think the 3rd attempt so far the hardest part.
Got my first two week practical booked in feb, I also have a new job waiting for me in the new year working with a building company.

I’m also with Train4jobs dongthe part P (level 2). I’ve done the H&S assessment after I think the 3rd attempt so far the hardest part.
Got my first two week practical booked in feb, I also have a new job waiting for me in the new year working with a building company.

Will you then go for your level 3 NVQ while working for that company Gareth?

Will you then go for your level 3 NVQ while working for that company Gareth?
That’s the plan yes but I’m thinking about doing that at my local collage on an evening.
That’s why I had to use train4jobs as at my current job I don’t finish till 6, and the evening courses around here run 6-9 twice a week if I remember right.
With the new job I’ll be finishing at 5 so that gives me enough time to get there after work hopefully after popping in at home first for a change of clothes and a quick bite to eat etc

That’s the plan yes but I’m thinking about doing that at my local collage on an evening.
That’s why I had to use train4jobs as at my current job I don’t finish till 6, and the evening courses around here run 6-9 twice a week if I remember right.
With the new job I’ll be finishing at 5 so that gives me enough time to get there after work hopefully after popping in at home first for a change of clothes and a quick bite to eat etc

Best of luck on your journey Gareth.

Reply to T4TS Pre attendance Health and Safety test in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net