Discuss Table saw switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Andy5678

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking to replace a table saw switch. The saw has a slow start motor, so the usual retrofit start stop switches won’t work.

Anyone ever replaced one/recommend a retrofit switch?

Looking to replace a table saw switch. The saw has a slow start motor, so the usual retrofit start stop switches won’t work.

Anyone ever replaced one/recommend a retrofit switch?
Andy would a selector switch work ?
[automerge]1582400647[/automerge]
Andy would a selector switch work ?

It would be an HOA selector switch with on-off-automatic

Are you sure the switches are the source of the problem and could they not be standard panel mount and working a soft start unit? Do you have any spec or pictures of the saw at all?

No pictures. Had the switch open, it has a coil
In it, when the start button pushes down into it. It has 3 cores and earth going into the motor. Switch is defiantly faulty as it’s seized and melted at the base.

Ah I see, no mistaking that then! Sorry bud I wouldn't know where to get a replacement or similar, I take it googling the make and model is not bringing anything useful to light?

Found the right switch but it’s expensive and probably better getting a new saw. But if other switches are available, it would be a better option to replace.

In it, when the start button pushes down into it. It has 3 cores and earth going into the motor. Switch is defiantly faulty as it’s seized and melted at the base.
Just how many terminals are on that switch, it sounds like it is opening and closing the load of the motor not the wiring going to the coil which starts the motor
[automerge]1582406879[/automerge]

The switch should be turning on and off the controls not the actual motor load. Most switches are not designed for that much current

It sounds like it might be a star delta starter to me. If so, get an experienced electrician to sort it out.
edit. Are you sure about the number of cables involved?

Reply to Table saw switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net