Discuss Taillight running light issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Fauxni

DIY
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2013 genesis coupe and a couple weeks ago the running light on the driver side taillight stopped working. Every other light works including the brake lights which I think use the same led’s. Today I went to go pick up a new assembly but when i plugged it in It still doesn’t work so I think I can rule out the assembly being the problem. Where do you guys think the problems coming from so I can hopefully maybe track it down. Any suggestions or ideas or anything would be very very very appreciated. Thank you.

some vehicles have separate fuses to left and right side lights. check in fuse box. usually for tail light, fuse is 10A.

some vehicles have separate fuses to left and right side lights. check in fuse box. usually for tail light, fuse is 10A.
Thanks for the reply, and yeah I’ve checked the fuses and all of them are fine. And sorry I wasn’t sure what other info to provide so if you need more info let me know.

with a multimeter test for 12V at the light cluster and at the bulb contacts (with the lights switched on).

You need a wiring diagram for the car. Then you can see where the individual light feeds come from. A lot of cars these days use a separate lighting control module. If may be this that is faulty, or the connection from it to the lamp assembly.

I had a similar problem with the front lights on my Jag XF. One side light was permanently on, and each light was fed from a separate output on the main fusebox/controller. Price for one of these from Jaguar - £750 plus fitting plus programming!!

You need a wiring diagram for the car. Then you can see where the individual light feeds come from. A lot of cars these days use a separate lighting control module. If may be this that is faulty, or the connection from it to the lamp assembly.

I had a similar problem with the front lights on my Jag XF. One side light was permanently on, and each light was fed from a separate output on the main fusebox/controller. Price for one of these from Jaguar - £750 plus fitting plus programming!!
I just got my hands on the electrical diagrams for the car, I’ll definitely check those control modules first, thank you<3

Reply to Taillight running light issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net