Discuss Tax Return scam warning !!!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Got an email saying i had a tax refund of over £900 quid and click to open a pdf...!!!

If your get anything similar contact HMRC yourself before opening it is a phising / virus scam trying to get your password and other details..

The Email web address starts off in various forms but always ends with @HMRC.gov.uk.... the one i had had 'noreply' upfront (please dont rearrange and search it may infect your computer!!!)

There's numerous prefixes to the @HMRC.gov.uk but just an heads up if you come across it - I double checked it first and found its was on dangerous email list so deleted it.

Shame really nearly a £1000 quid would have been nice :ihih:

Yea get the same all the time with a zip file attached.

I occaisonally have a look in the spam folder my isp provides, lately there seem to be a lot from Ammazon or Amazzon (note spelling) wanting me to click on a link for payment problems etc.

I keep getting emails in my junkbox from (Payppal) yep that's how they spell it......... saying my PP account has been compromised and they are taking out $400 to pay for the mig welder I recently bought from Dallas.

Dammit......... thought I'd got away with that one. ;)

Been around for along time the old HMRC tax refund scam quite often surfaces in February after the Jan tax return deadline
If you file online it's easy to check your account

Reply to Tax Return scam warning !!!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock