Discuss technical help - fairy lights - hard wire into exsitng lighting feature. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BELEC

has anyone had any experience in bypassing the remote modules that come with the typical fairy lights. would i be able to hard wire these onto a LED driver being fed of a exisitng garden project?

the current set of lights have 230 L N then port 1 2 3 4 and 0 - presuming 0 is the neutral for the circuit? ...

ASAP response would be a great help, cheers boffins

not quite sure what you are planning, or what lights you have.
i personaly had a situation where outside lights were fed from transformer in plug outside to control unit, the unit was waterloged and broken so i took out circuit board and connected leads together bypassing control unit . is this what you were thinking?

i got the 2oo led warm whote fiary lights.

but not sure if there low voltage or 230 volts as not sure on output from the mod.

basically the customer didnt want the module just a simpe on off with the rest of the garden lights so wnated to wire these either to mains or onto additonal led driver.

SURELY connecting the module as it should be connected will turn lights on when power is applied ??
is the module rated for outside ??
what do the instructions,warranty say ? bear in mind you fit them out with instructions you then becom liable should anything go wrong

have these lights got a transformer plug or normal 3amp plug?are they outside lights?
by pluging into mains can you turn lights on without pressing button on module?
can you get rid of plug put in fcu rated same as plug and use this to control lights leaving module in place?

thanks for your help ive sorted it. soldered port 1-4 together bypassing the switching. the mod is not ip rated but ive got a ip box on the job for other lights.

i usually dont have to bother with going beyond the original design but the problem was when you 1st turned on the lights the 1st setting was the flickering option thus makin the customer have to leave the house to change it. ive had more problems with this small job than with larger landscape lighting projects!

Reply to technical help - fairy lights - hard wire into exsitng lighting feature. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net