Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, just completing electrical machines unit, the maths was hard. Anyone got any advice as to next possible units? I need to do project and another 2 elective units. I've already completed PLC's.

Hi Sparky
Your inbox is full. :)
Tried to send u a message but it failed.
I have completed pneumatics if that helps you.

Cheers

Just finished the last TMA for electrical machines. What is the process when you finish a unit? Do you need to do some sort of interview with the unit tutor?

Just finished the last TMA for electrical machines. What is the process when you finish a unit? Do you need to do some sort of interview with the unit tutor?

Hi Sparky222

The way it has gone with myself is a short telephone conversation with the tutor, generally a week or two after the TMA has been marked.
The tutor will get hold of you or leave a note with the assessment feedback.

Regards

Hi guys,

Just finished the hydraulics & pneumatics unit. I found it much easier than electrical machines unit, the tma's were mainly research and diagrams not much maths which was good for me. Think I'm going to have a go at engineering applications next before finishing with project. Hope everyone is going OK, if you need any help with electrical machines or hydraulics/pneumatics just send me a message.

Hi Sparky222
Just doing TMA2 of elec machines. Q4 has me a bit boggled. Could do with a tip if you could.
Sorry, have not done eng. apps so can't reciprocate I'm afraid.
Cheers
WeeCh

Hi all, I started my hnc in May this year and I'm on with the foundation maths bit, TMA2 I'm stuck on one of the questions about finding angles in a triangle, I've got all the sides and one angle but I'm struggling to get the numbers to add up for the others, what formulas have you guys used?

Thanks for everyone contributing to this thread, I've just read it all and it's nice to see different opinions and points of view. After getting the HNC what are people hoping to move into job wise? I'm an approved electrician and wondering what job I may be able to move into after hopefully completing the HNC and maybe the HND, because I've done things in the past where I've had the blinkers on and just focused on finishing the course and not thought about what to do after, any ideas gents??

Regards, James

Hi im hoping to start on the 8th February 2016 if i need to do the bridging course will i start it now or on the course start date???

Hi im hoping to start on the 8th February 2016 if i need to do the bridging course will i start it now or on the course start date???

Hello mate,

You start with the bridging module on the start date if you do it, I have just finished it and started Analytical methods for engineers. Bit of a jump in the maths from the bridging module though.

Danny

Hi,
I have just started the Engineering science and with me being from an electrical background it all looks a bit alien. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,
Started the HNC Electrical/Electronic engineering via distance learning with Teesside uni, completed the maths bridging course and I'm currently on with Analytical Methods for Engineers TMA1 & TMA2.
Any help with the TMAs would be greatly appreciated and I can offer help with the maths bridging course if needed.
Currently struggling with time management, long hours at work and two little ones at home don't help.Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Hi,
How are you finding the AME modules, I've just started them and finding the maths a massive step up from the bridging course.
Any info would be greatly appreciated (just started TMA 1 and TMA2) and vice versa if I can help with anything let me know.

Mark.

Does anyone fancy swapping the plc assignments? Losing the will to live with it at the moment! Ive completed all the 4 core units, d and a electronics, safety engineering and engineering applications

Alright lads, just thought I would post in here saying as I started the thread waaaayyyy back! There is light at the end of the tunnel! HNC completed! [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Well done, certainly the thread got a lot of attention over time.
Seems it took slightly more than the planned 18 months!
But a good thing to have completed you must be very pleased.
A mega achievement.:chillpill::cheesy::clap:

Hello,

I am currently considering starting this course too starting this May (2016) through open learning. I am currently electrician trained in the Army and I'm planning ahead really, so wondering how people got on with this course and whether it is a worthwhile course to have under your belt?

What sort of doors does this course open up for you? Also for anyone that has done this open learning style how did they find it?

I am willing to put alot of effort into this and smash it as quick as I can, I enjoy being in education although can't say I am the brightest when it comes to Mathematics :)

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock