Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys, Looking for some assistance with the Engineering Design project, managed to complete the first assessment and passed and now moved onto the project, Has anyone completed the project? particularly the bike carrier one.
Thanks in advance. Richard

Welcome, Snowden!

Yes, the forum is active.

Don't worry about the course if you need help just ask.

You should be able to complete the HNC within a year.

Hello.

I am also looking into starting my HNC in electrical engineering through Teeside flexible online learning. How exactly does it work regarding time scales for completing the course? The course states 2 to 4 years, however as you mentioned I know people who have completed a HNC in less than a year.

Is it still possible to do the course in less than 2 years or does the 2 to 4 years time frame mean 2 years minimum? There are other online universities out there who offer a minimum 5 month for the same qualification, so I was just wondering about this as I would like to finish it in less than a year. Would the uni allow this or would they only release the modules at a certain pace?

I have a background in electrics and am currently serving in the military as a lead engineering technician (electrical) on nuclear submarines, so plenty of experience in generation, distribution and fault diagnosis/general maintenance. I have a level 3 city and guilds diploma in electrial engineering. This course covered math to A level standard but unfortunately it was just more of a refresher course, so I didn't actually get a formal qualification or unit credit for it. Because of this I'll also probably have to do the briding math course to get me back up to standard.

Cheers for any advice.

Currently doing my first TMA where it's a written piece rather than a multiple choice exam.
How long should my answers be to questions and should I be including references?
I don't want to write too much and I don't want to write too little.
Hi have you completed the engineering design module? I'm really struggling with it. I'm not really sure what to include or how much I need to write and wondered if you have any advice/assistance? Thanks

Hi have you completed the engineering design module? I'm really struggling with it. I'm not really sure what to include or how much I need to write and wondered if you have any advice/assistance? Thanks
I think mine was around 10 - 15 pages. Is this the one where you need to include sketches of your design? I'd have a section on what you want your design to achieve, what's your reasoning behind choosing it, differences/ similarities between competitors, etc.

Also include materials chosen and why, a basic cost analysis of the product, etc. Wasn't there a document which had a rough template/ detailed the requirements for the TMA?

I did it a while ago so i vaguely remember it but maybe i'm thinking of something different!

I am also struggling with this module. I’ve had all distinctions so far, some being easier than others, but in most of the modules I’ve found the lessons to be extremely bad to be honest. Most of the learning material for the course so far, I have found myself though books, youtube, forums etc. Unfortunately, I can’t really say that I have learnt anything at all from the university so far.

But the design module seems to be the worst yet for me. Everyone has their strengths I suppose and mine is maths, and so far, most the modules have been heavy math based. The design module is so vague and basic that I’m struggling to apply any of the concepts which are covered in the lessons. It literally has next to no information in the assessment other than you need to make a bike rack and luckily your friend has supplied you with some materials.

Anyone got any advice on this?

I am also struggling with this module. I’ve had all distinctions so far, some being easier than others, but in most of the modules I’ve found the lessons to be extremely bad to be honest. Most of the learning material for the course so far, I have found myself though books, youtube, forums etc. Unfortunately, I can’t really say that I have learnt anything at all from the university so far.

But the design module seems to be the worst yet for me. Everyone has their strengths I suppose and mine is maths, and so far, most the modules have been heavy math based. The design module is so vague and basic that I’m struggling to apply any of the concepts which are covered in the lessons. It literally has next to no information in the assessment other than you need to make a bike rack and luckily your friend has supplied you with some materials.

Anyone got any advice on this?

Hi!

I have done engineering math, and finishing off science. Engineering design is the next assigned. I have checked the TMAs, are there any examples out there of what is actually required? Or anything out there to point you in the right direction?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Hi!

I have done engineering math, and finishing off science. Engineering design is the next assigned. I have checked the TMAs, are there any examples out there of what is actually required? Or anything out there to point you in the right direction?

Any advice is much appreciated.

I haven't been able to find anything yet on this module.. I'm cracking on with it slowly after not touching it for the last few months.

Have you managed to get any further forward?

Good afternoon all! I'm looking for some much needed advice please! Now I'm sure this has been sked but here goes....

So I'm currently working as a Wind Turbine Tech but I don't have any electrical, everything I've learnt has been taught through work based learning. Ive spoken with my company and there looking at putting me through the HNC Electrical engineering through Teesside online learning. My issue is having no electrical background and not done a great deal of math's since leaving school how difficult would I find this? I work a 2on2off rotation so have plenty of time to study and also only work 8hour days when working so that's an added bonus.

Also would anyone give me some direction of books I could look at to help me out with the math's prior and any online learning tutorials they've found help them? Finally, has anyone with no prior experience done this course and passed?

Good afternoon all! I'm looking for some much needed advice please! Now I'm sure this has been sked but here goes....

So I'm currently working as a Wind Turbine Tech but I don't have any electrical, everything I've learnt has been taught through work based learning. Ive spoken with my company and there looking at putting me through the HNC Electrical engineering through Teesside online learning. My issue is having no electrical background and not done a great deal of math's since leaving school how difficult would I find this? I work a 2on2off rotation so have plenty of time to study and also only work 8hour days when working so that's an added bonus.

Also would anyone give me some direction of books I could look at to help me out with the math's prior and any online learning tutorials they've found help them? Finally, has anyone with no prior experience done this course and passed?

I wouldn't worry too much about the maths. They will put you through a maths bridging course before you start, which is supposed to get you up to the required level for the course. Its level 3, which is A level equivalent.

All of the books you need will be given to you when you start a module.

I'm only 2 modules left on the HNC with Teesside, so let me know if you need any further help or advice.

I wouldn't worry too much about the maths. They will put you through a maths bridging course before you start, which is supposed to get you up to the required level for the course. Its level 3, which is A level equivalent.

All of the books you need will be given to you when you start a module.

I'm only 2 modules left on the HNC with Teesside, so let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Hey Troy thanks for the reply, how have you found the course? Did you do the bridging course at the start? Have you any advice on a way to better prepare myslef?

Hey Troy thanks for the reply, how have you found the course? Did you do the bridging course at the start? Have you any advice on a way to better prepare myslef?

Some modules are harder than others, but everyone has their strengths and weaknesses I suppose.

What I've found with distance learning is that you're very much left to your own devices and to do your own research. Don't expect much help from the tutors.

I found the best thing to do was to speak to others on the course and help each other out.

Some modules are harder than others, but everyone has their strengths and weaknesses I suppose.

What I've found with distance learning is that you're very much left to your own devices and to do your own research. Don't expect much help from the tutors.

I found the best thing to do was to speak to others on the course and help each other out.
Thats great mate thaks for the heads up! Good luck on the rest of your course!!

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock