Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,

I'm currently on my last and final module, the project, for this course!

Just wondering though if anyone has done it and can let me know what sort of projects people did. Just struggling to gauge how big or small a project can be. Got plenty of arduino projects at home I can do but unsure if they need to be more substantial

Cheers!

Connor
Hi, I'm looking at starting my project next too but haven't purchased the module yet, does it tell you anything in the course notes about how and what we're supposed to do?

Hi, I'm looking at starting my project next too but haven't purchased the module yet, does it tell you anything in the course notes about how and what we're supposed to do?
I've only just bought it myself. The guidance for project writing is fine but struggling to know what a good project is. My work is closing so projects are limited to do. So I'm inclined to do an arduino one. Just don't know what to do!

I've only just bought it myself. The guidance for project writing is fine but struggling to know what a good project is. My work is closing so projects are limited to do. So I'm inclined to do an arduino one. Just don't know what to do!
What I don't understand is do we build the project or do we just write up about it?

Well that is up to you, I've been told you can do a "research" project but they are alot harder to prove it went successful and do a decent conclusion. I was advised that if you can do a project at work that is best but arduino projects are fine too. What do you work as?

Hi Conor Im in the middle of the first module (math) so a long way off the project. How complex does the project have to be? Take a look at my YouTube channel there may be a few projects that might give you some ideas: Lester Electronics - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCClA4ezBnhsdD1bDoQX6wJw

Hi Conor Im in the middle of the first module (math) so a long way off the project. How complex does the project have to be? Take a look at my YouTube channel there may be a few projects that might give you some ideas: Lester Electronics - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCClA4ezBnhsdD1bDoQX6wJw
Hi Lester, welcome to the group! Well it has to have enough substance from what I can gather to make a 3000 word report. So it needs to be meaty or you need to be able to go into alot of detail about it. I had a look at your channel and the thermostat system probably would be okay! I'm struggling though to decide what to do aswell... They say don't copy examples online but who realistically designs it all from scratch from little knowledge?

Hi Lester, welcome to the group! Well it has to have enough substance from what I can gather to make a 3000 word report. So it needs to be meaty or you need to be able to go into alot of detail about it. I had a look at your channel and the thermostat system probably would be okay! I'm struggling though to decide what to do aswell... They say don't copy examples online but who realistically designs it all from scratch from little knowledge?
Hi Conor. What about a water me plant alarm. This would contain an opamp To measure the resistance of the soil Between two prongs and a 555 timer For the sound alarm? Like I said earlier I’ve just started the course So don’t know what complexity they require.

Hi Conor. What about a water me plant alarm. This would contain an opamp To measure the resistance of the soil Between two prongs and a 555 timer For the sound alarm? Like I said earlier I’ve just started the course So don’t know what complexity they require.
Uhh you have an example or drawing of it? Might be even better if you could automate it and have an automatic water machine

Well that is up to you, I've been told you can do a "research" project but they are alot harder to prove it went successful and do a decent conclusion. I was advised that if you can do a project at work that is best but arduino projects are fine too. What do you work as?

I currently work as a service technician for a railway company

hi,

is there anyone that can help me on electrical distribution and supply TMA 2 question 5?

help would really be appreciated!!

Kind Regards

Gizzy

Hi folks i have completed Engineering math, and Engineering science. I have been working through the HNC structure sequentially. The next one listed is Engineering design. My question is would it matter if i did EEP before engineering design? EEP is listed after Engineering design. Just wondered in what order you folks have done it in. I know however, the course structure has changed somewhat from how it was a couple of years ago.

Thanks Lester

Hi folks i have completed Engineering math, and Engineering science. I have been working through the HNC structure sequentially. The next one listed is Engineering design. My question is would it matter if i did EEP before engineering design? EEP is listed after Engineering design. Just wondered in what order you folks have done it in. I know however, the course structure has changed somewhat from how it was a couple of years ago.

Thanks Lester
Hi Lester,

I have completed the HNC and never followed any particular order, PLC was my first module followed by math and science, then I randomly selected what module I fancied next finishing with the project which they would not allow me to start until the other 7 modules had been completed.

Hope that helps.

Graham

Hi Lester,

I have completed the HNC and never followed any particular order, PLC was my first module followed by math and science, then I randomly selected what module I fancied next finishing with the project which they would not allow me to start until the other 7 modules had been completed.

Hope that helps.

Graham
Thanks Graham.
I'm thinking im going to do EEP before ED. I have just finished ES which finished on electrical principals. Cheers lester

Hi folks. Just finished electrical principals. Really enjoyed it. I'm thinking of purchasing engineering design next. Could someone tell me how long it took you to finish the engineering design module? is it as lengthy as EEP? Im just trying to workout timings for this module, and the content.

Cheers Lester

Currently doing my first TMA where it's a written piece rather than a multiple choice exam.
How long should my answers be to questions and should I be including references?
I don't want to write too much and I don't want to write too little.

Hi Lester,

Hope that helps.

Graham

Graham,

I am wanting to do this PLC module but aren't sure whether or not it'll be adequate for me, do you have the original assignment that I can look at to see how hard it is before I pay for the module?

Kind Regards,

George

Hey guys, Looking to start the HNC in a couple months after doing the bridging course.
Wondering if this forum is still active?

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock