Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I completed the HNC Electrical/Electronic engineering course on day release as part of my apprenticeship about 5 years ago. Id recommend looking at the engineering books by John Bird. I think the ones i used were the electrical circuit theory and technology and higher engineering mathematics books. Just done a quick search and there are new editions of these books available now, good luck!

Wouldn't suit most, them hours. Thats not a bad price though, does that include edexcel registration fee and exam fee's? Well all I can say is the best of luck with it buddy, and if your ever stuck just give me a shout....

and I will direct you to someone who may be able to help! :grin::cool:

That's the whole works mate, and if your making less than 16000 a year you can get a grant to over the cost of the course. ;)
Thanks pal.. I'm sure you will see me posting regularly for help.. gonna be a tuff two years!

Hi John,
What a coincidence buddy.
Having just upgraded my 2330 to 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Edition my mate directed me to this forum and by chance I came across your post. I too am doing my HNC Elec Eng through Teesside Uni and currently working on my first TMA in Engineering Science. Must admit I’m struggling with the mechanical side of things myself. Although you’re probably way more ahead than me I’m up for being a study buddy. Could do with a hand to be honest.

Maybe speak soon.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John and Nick,

I'm in exactly the same boat as you guys, except I'm on a HNC in Manufacturing Engineering with a mainly mechanical background and bracing myself for when I get hit with Electrical Science in the New Year!

If you guys need a hand on the mechanical side, I could use a hand with the Electrical side!

Regards,

Caillen

Gents, Ive started the elect HNC with teesside and am doing it distance learning so i feel your pain!!!! doing static systems at the moment and finding the course material not easy to follow im on Q3 of TMA1 so far.......... I also had to do the bridging course and that was mental ive been out of study for 10 years or so. Happy to help out if i can.

Caillen, grantr37 and justadaftspark,
Its great to see others Battling/Doing the same course:)

Im gonna get back to TMA1 asap so a hand would be much appreciated guys. I cant send PM's yet(my count is too low) so if you wouldnt mind letting me know your emails(Only if you dont mind of course) then i can start pestering your straight away..................only kidding.

Thanks again

Nick

Caillen, grantr37 and justadaftspark,
Its great to see others Battling/Doing the same course:)

Im gonna get back to TMA1 asap so a hand would be much appreciated guys.
I cant send PM's yet(my count is too low)
so if you wouldnt mind letting me know your emails(Only if you dont mind of course) then i can start pestering your straight away..................only kidding.

Thanks again

Nick

hi, livewire. if you want to get your post count up, access the 'new member introductions' section of the site and welcome a load of the newbies. you'll have the required number of posts in seconds.

Guys,

all this feedback is great! good to know everyone else is in the middle of the same struggles as myself :D

anyways, I have completed TMA 1 so if you need help don't be afraid to shout and I will definitely help you guys out!

If need be, I can send my email address in PM!

Thanks!

hi, sparky. can you tell me how this 'distance learning' thing works? do you ever have to attend college or, are the modules completed at home and sent to teesside via email? do you ever see a tutor? if not, how do you receive tuition? are there any exams, and if so, will you take them locally?

i've been thinking about what to do next, and hnc/d seems the logical step. my default choice would be the local college, where the hnd is available part time, but this teesside option has got me thinking.

by the way, the maths scares me to death! i've got the sixth edition of k.a. stroud's engineering mathematics and it really is above and beyond anything that i've done with C & G. i'll definitely have to do a bridging course. cheers mate.

p.s. did you know that the reg's aren't retrospective??? :rockon2: :rolleyes4:

No mate never attend college, all tuition is sent out by post 3 large folders of notes for each module. Each module is split into tutor marked assignments (TMA) which are completed at home an emailed the tutor regarding that particular TMA. No practical involved buddy! At the end of each module you have a tutor-student interview which I think is over the phone although I havnt had one yet! To honest mate it is tricky but it suits me down to the ground with work any everything else going on! I got away with not having to do the bridging course luckily enough!

And yes, I heard something about the regulations not being retrospective or something....lol.

For anyone who is interested I found that mathtutor.ac.uk was a big help with the maths for the bridging modules. Vids and text for all that nasty calculus.

Im in the exact same boat, currently doing TMA1 in Engineering science and the column question has done me, What actually is the diametre of the column? I see can see its 10mm across but is it circular or square:/ or am I completly way of the mark and looking at the drawing incorrectly? any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Ive been away for a bit and just back on.......You may have done it by now. I took it to be a circular column with a wall thickness of 10mm the questions had me lost for a while. Ive submitted the TMA 1 but need to wait untill i finnish the rest of them to see if i was right

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock