Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic, important price info in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

aidanb

Just received my application back for this course, which I will be starting soon.

Anyone interested interested in doing this should know the price will more than double if enrolling after 31st July 2012.

The current price for the 8 modules and registration is £1751.30
The price after 31st July will be £4051.30

This applies to all higher education apparently, so will likely affect any HNC/D or degree course at any college/uni

I received a similar letter a while back which said that the module price will increase from Stg £200 to over Stg £400 (can't remember the exact figure) if I hadn't completed the Maths Bridging before 31st July 2012. I was already doing the Maths Bridging Module so enquired about this and was told that I would be alright as I had already enrolled for the Bridging so my 16 HND modules would remain at the same price. Certainly, however, it's worth considering for those not already enrolled.

Yep, £487.50 per module, so if doing HND that would be a fortune! May actually enrol for the HND instead as it may be possible to do the 8 modules and claim the HNC, and leave the option open

I really find this price rise shocking, and yet not surprising after years of concerted attacks on the further education system in the UK. It is yet another nail in the coffin of the "education for all" that was once taken for granted in this country.

For a while I have been considering either an Instrument or Process HNC/D, and with these rises then it may even make sense to enroll in both, and attack them concurrently (there is a lot of crossover between all of the open learning courses offered)

I also was considering enrolling on a Electrical HND course , part time for 18 months.
Nearly choked when i saw the £4000 price tag at my local college.

I also was considering enrolling on a Electrical HND course , part time for 18 months.
Nearly choked when i saw the £4000 price tag at my local college.
Agreed, it is basically legalised extortion. Back in the late 1990's when I did a part time degree it was £300 a term, where a term was 2 nights at night school, 6pm-9pm

@ Lenny - Whilst it is good that funding is available via the Student loan scheme, it does not justify pricing these courses out of the reach of the populace as a whole.

It is at times like this I am proud to be Scottish.

@ Lenny - Whilst it is good that funding is available via the Student loan scheme, it does not justify pricing these courses out of the reach of the populace as a whole.

I totally agree, teesside have already had a stinging e-mail from me about it, whether it's their fault or not. Luckily for me, my modules remain at £200 as I enrolled last October.

Finally enrolled on this now, went for the HND to keep module costs down in the future. Safety Engineering is the first module on its way if anyone has any tips for it!

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic, important price info in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net