Discuss Teesside University, what is it like? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

G1BBO

Hi,

I have just been accepted onto the HND course in Electrical & Electronic engineering via open learning. Before I start has anyone done or currently on an open learning engineering course at Teesside University.

If so, what is it like? Is the course material good and tutors helpful?

I recently completed my HNC at my local college so it wont include the HNC side of it

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

I just recently completed my HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering and found the university to be excellent. The tutors were very helpful and i wish i had used them more at the start of my course rather than being hesitant and not wanting to appear as struggling. The course material was of a high standard and they had a very proffessional attitude. The marking was roughly 2-3 weeks for each TMA and tutors were easily reachable although sometimes i had to wait over 24 hours for a call back which is understandable as some are part time and some are also lecturers at the university. Just out of interest as i may pursue the HND in future how much is the HND registration now and price per unit ? I ask because i enrolled on the HNC pre price jump and never took the option to stay on and advance to HND at my enrol price due to my emplyer wanting my HNC certificate in 2014 at the latest.

Hello mate, thanks for your reply, it's going to cost 4K for 8 units if I remember rightly. Not sure if I am going to do it to be honest with you, it is a lot of money and a lot of time will need to be put into it, may get bored half way through :(

Hi,

I have just been accepted onto the HND course in Electrical & Electronic engineering via open learning. Before I start has anyone done or currently on an open learning engineering course at Teesside University.

If so, what is it like? Is the course material good and tutors helpful?

I recently completed my HNC at my local college so it wont include the HNC side of it

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi. Ive just been accepted on the instrumentation and control course. Just started the analytical methods module. Ive been out of education for 15 years, so it's a bit of a shock. Was it same for you and do you have any tips for this module. Thanks

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum. If you are currently on a course then you may be able to get access to our Trainee section, It is full of guys of all ages and walks of life.
I will pop a link in here shortly.

I am doing the first module of my HND from Teesside now as distance learning.

I am doing the first assessment for the first module. There are two questions in the assessment which I cannot find anywhere in the learning material.

Has anyone else seen this in other modules?

I do not want to pay the same amount of money as I would for a full time course if the teaching material is not substantial. I understand not being spoon fed at HND level, but they should teach the basics, and they expect you to go off and learn more. But it seems as though there is just no teaching on some parts at all.

Cheers,

Reply to Teesside University, what is it like? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock