Discuss Temporary Building Site Supplies Fed From Generators in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hodgey1972

Gents(and ladies), I am undertaking a larger and larger amount of temporary building site supplies from generators, and from the mains also. If anyone can point me towards any relevant documents regarding design/ installation and especially testing, anything that will enhance my knowledge, teach me to suck eggs if you want, as you never know,I might have been sucking wrong for a few years.(no innuendo really Needed!)

Same as any supply really even a temporary supply should be installed to the same standard as if it were permanent ,documentation really would be BS7671 wiring regulations covers most things you have requested

17th edition covers this. Testing every three months if memory serves me right for all site electrics. 1 year for cabins/welfare. Might be wise if it is something that is going well for you to invest in some srcs as these will be handy for various sites

Reply to Temporary Building Site Supplies Fed From Generators in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'd appreciate the wisdom of the find minds here regarding this job. Yes, I've drifted into Wales again.... An extension is being planned as...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I would really appreciate some advice on the following problem I have had with a temporary electric supply. We are in the process...
Replies
Views
elsparko
E
Hi Guys, I've got a question which I think the answer would be "Yes its ok" but I'm just after a second opinion and think some of you folks might...
Replies
Views
Hi all, back again requiring some transportable building knowledge, this time round a catering/burger van and its earthing arrangment. Was asked...
Replies
Views
F
Hi people, I am installing a three phase supply but the out building I am working in is currently fed by a generator and I cannot gain access to...
Replies
Views
Frosty69
F

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock