Discuss Temporary workaround - power to garage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Raggy

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need to run power to my garage. At the moment, I've gotten away with wiring a long extension cable. 13A Plug on one end, cabled to double female receptacles at the other end.

So far that's worked fine as I've only used a LED light and some other low powered items. I just unplug from the house when I'm finished, roll up the cable and leave it in the garage for next time. Got nowhere near 13A.

I now need much more power available in the garage for heaters, tools etc.
I have a medium term plan for this - my back garden is going to be dug up later in the year and I'll be calling in a pro to run SWA from the mains, under the new garden surface and into a consumer unit in the garage.

My question is this - is there an easy way for me to temporarily run more power to my garage, in a similar fashion to what I'm currently doing? One piece of equipment will be drawing over 15A alone.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

You could also maybe have the armour clipped to the fence or similar, and leave a bit of extra hidded behind the shed. This would mean its not going to get disturbed and you can just bury it when the garden is dug up and have it rr terminated if necessary.

As Pete posted either get the planned work done or as Vort posted a generator. I would say the first option of getting it done sooner.

Do your neighbours like you?
If you do this, they won't. Especially if you buy one of those cheap, open frame jobbies from a DIY shed.
true, but the bonus is it may drown the sounds of the neighbour's squealing bratts as they fart around in the garden. we had that for a year till the sods were repossessed, 4 screaming female under 11's with a trampoline. had to turn up Pink Floyd and AC/DC on the hi=fi to drown the buggers out.

Reply to Temporary workaround - power to garage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock