Discuss Ten plug sockets broken on front slice of the house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My house is Victorian and spread over three floors. The plug sockets through the front slice of the house across all floors don't work from this afternoon. The fuse box situation is pictured. None of the buttons has tripped - I switched each one off and on in turn to confirm they are still each working for their separate loop. I took all the fuses out of the older fuse box underneath - none appear to have blown - I replaced them in a different order and still no fix.

The picture doesn't upload here frustratingly.

My house is Victorian and spread over three floors. The plug sockets through the front slice of the house across all floors don't work from this afternoon. The fuse box situation is pictured. None of the buttons has tripped - I switched each one off and on in turn to confirm they are still each working for their separate loop. I took all the fuses out of the older fuse box underneath - none appear to have blown - I replaced them in a different order and still no fix.

Could be the MCB has tripped but the button .trip has not shown up as a tripped unit try switching the breaker concerned on and off and back on again, could be your problem

Tricky one mate without any test gear I’m afraid, or some idea of the type of circuit it is RFC or radial? Is it rcd protected? pics would be good if you can, make sure you’ve put the correct fuses back in the correct holders as well.....

I believe the forum is having trouble letting pictures upload, and management are onto it.
I edited a pic on a different post and reduced its size by 50% and it seemed to work.
It didn’t show the pic in thread, but it did let you download it to view.

I replaced them in a different order and still no fix.
I really hope you mean swapping around ones with the same rating!

If none of the protective devices you can see have tripped then you have two likely answers:
  • A bad connection has opened one of the lines (L or N, you would need some test equipment to check)
  • They were powered off a non-obvious protective device, like a FCU (fused connection unit - switch and 13A fuse in a socket-like plate)
If some pictures can be posted that would help advice from here, otherwise see if you can get a sparky in to check it out.

Reply to Ten plug sockets broken on front slice of the house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net