Discuss Tenby consumer unit - mcb & rcbo needed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

How long is a piece of string?
I doubt their product line (Tenbys) has been the same since they started making them, so no one can say for definite.*
However, I put a new Wylex RCBO in an old Tenby CU last week with no problems. the front, protuding, face was slightly proud of the old Tenby MCBs but the flap closed fine, so it was OK.
Wylex RCBOs and MCBs have the same dimensions on the bit that matters.
Alan.*

When i was at my 17th ed amendment course the chap teaching the course said not to fit different makes of MCBs in dis boards as it goes against the manufactures instructions, personally i have done it lots in the past with RCBOs and have found mosts makes are compatible with each other.

Reply to Tenby consumer unit - mcb & rcbo needed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Folks. I need to install a defib unit outside on a wall. Does this require an RCBO or not, just wondering as the unit has a small heater within...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Seeking some thoughts on my own Omega free standing 900mm oven. Over the past year the oven has been tripping the supplying RCBO unit. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have supplied my Shed with a 6mm SWA cable into a nice consumer unit. In there I have a 6Amp MCB for the lights and a 16 A supplying a...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, I need to change a memera 2000 6amp mcb for an rcbo that is compatible . I believe the mentioned mcb are not made anymore. Anyone got...
Replies
Views
Hi got a 8 panel solar system on bungalow, changing the board to 18th edition spd board Solar feed is chased into wall so will this need a type B...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock