SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Terminate or lug in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I've got a 5core ho7 braided cable supplying a 3 phase board would you just terminate it or would you lug it as its a braided cable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's what I've done Steff wasn't happy not lugging as the braid spreads and was a bit concerned off the cable heating up or bad connection

Good. That's the trouble with braid, it causes dodgy terminations in the long term.
Another solution would be a ferrule bootlace if you can find any of the size you require.

you can get either pin lugs, or bootlace ferules, You can get them for most sizes of cable, but they require crimping. Pin lugs are often used where the cable is too large for the terminals ie, for volt drop reasons. You crimp the lug on and it has a pin which is then inserted into the terminal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's right johnbot lugged them on Saturday not much room between lugs but put insulating tape over lugs and everything is ok

Reply to Terminate or lug in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Select the ways in which you gain online business

• MyBuilder.com

• Federation of Master Builders

• CheckaTrade.com

• RatedPeople.com

• TrustaTrader.com

• Which? (TrustedTraders.Which.co.uk)

• MyJobQuote.co.uk

• Yell.com

• Google Paid Advertising

• Own Website with Natural Ranking (SEO'd website)

• Social Media (Facebook Twitter Instagram etc)

• Word of Mouth Only for me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom