Discuss Terminating SWA into Hager CU in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Either drill a round hole in another place, there Is plenty of room on those units, or use an adaptable box under the db for the gland and run the cores through that to your db.

Good suggestions. Just feels wrong to be having to drill my own holes into the CU. Can't understand why Hager wouldn't include knockouts for SWA given how common the setup is in the UK?

Why does it feel wrong, its a basic task for an electrician.

Hager are fully aware that any competent electrician is capable of drilling whatever holes they need, that is why they have an option with no knockouts.

I used to have a qmax cutter that did inch square holes, it got pinched with a load of other kit a good few years ago. Not seen any since!
Edit
I stand corrected!!

They make 3 different types of their db 1 with round knock outs 1 with square and 1 with none! I personally prefer the blank one and make the holes exactly where I want them, but most wholesalers seem to keep the square ko version for some reason!
I hate the square ones. I get the RK versions instead where possible. My preference too is for the units without knockouts but it's an uphill struggle to get anyone to stock them.

Is it only me that favours the rectangular knockouts then ?
Why do you like that option, for rear entry of many cable with a grommet strip?

I would assume that most would want round hole knock-outs, at least for the top/sides/bottom so glands to seal & support tails and T&E could be used.
[automerge]1595922426[/automerge]
I used to have a qmax cutter that did inch square holes, it got pinched with a load of other kit a good few years ago. Not seen any since!
I got some recently from here:

They stock a few square ones but in the past the likes of RS had a big range for things like IEC sockets, etc. Always a bit expensive compared to the round ones, alas!

Why do you like that option, for rear entry of many cable with a grommet strip?

I would assume that most would want round hole knock-outs, at least for the top/sides/bottom so glands to seal & support tails and T&E could be used.

Mostly so I can butt up a 50x100 trunking above or below for final circuit entry. Tails can go up or down through the designated rectangle with a purpose made grommet. They are then secured inside the unit with the tails clamp.
I hardly ever use SWA to supply domestic boards.

Reply to Terminating SWA into Hager CU in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net